Windows Malware Tries To Avoid 400 Security Products

HardOCP News

[H] News
As much as we all hate to say it, you have to admit that the time and effort these guys put into malware like this is impressive. Imagine what it would be like if these guys put the same effort into a legitimate profession. :eek:

The malware’s name comes from Latin and means “stealthy,” Yotam Gottesman, a Senior Security Researcher at enSilo explains, adding that the program goes through great lengths to avoid being caught by security parties: it includes checks for 400 security products. Should any of the products on this extensive list be found on the targeted machine, the malware terminates itself and leaves the computer unharmed.

What if it's their legitimate profession? ;)

Probably every espionage agency on the planet would love to have undetectable malware.

If we are hearing about it, it is probably not the most malicious software they have created by far. (Yes, government agencies have created far more malicious malware that we know nothing about.) That is probably one of the reasons I get a kick out of folks fretting over Microsoft stealing their information when those in the know do not need Microsoft or anyone else to do it for them.

Who was it on these forums that was saying that they don't bother to run any anti-virus applications?

Who was it on these forums that was saying that they don't bother to run any anti-virus applications?
I don't. But then again I also run Linux on most of my computers. The Windows 10 machine I have doesn't either, but that's because Windows 10 is the virus.

I don't. But then again I also run Linux on most of my computers. The Windows 10 machine I have doesn't either, but that's because Windows 10 is the virus.

Yeah, good luck with that line of thinking. I am sure you "feel" safe running Linux and you just go right on believing that. (I am not joking either, your OS itself is far from what is truly secure.)

i run mcafee, norton, windows defender, and avg simultaneously. i still get the bsod virus daily. :(

i run mcafee, norton, windows defender, and avg simultaneously. i still get the bsod virus daily. :(

Damn dude, have you considered surfing the naughty bits of the Internet inside a virtualbox OS? That's how I stay safe with file sharing.

Back