Windows makes me choose boot or setup...

RagingGecko

Limp Gawd
A few days ago my friend got his 74G raptor and we tried to install windows xp on it with his old HD still in the computer. We were then going to transfer the important stuff and wipe the drive. Booted to windows, put in the CD, and ran setup. The problem was that windows setup wouldn't detect the SATA drive no matter what we did. We installed the drivers from the mobo disk while settup was running, we let it just go, we unplugged the old HD. Nothing worked. After swapping the cable on and off multiple times, we discovered that we'd broken the tab off the raptor. The plastic around the pins just pulled right out inside the cable. Now, when we boot to his old HD, Windows asks us if we want to boot Windows XP, or Windows Setup in the windows boot manager. I have 2 questions:

1.How do we get rid of the stupid boot manager constantly asking if we want to boot windows or the setup?

2. Why couldn't we get setup to detect the Raptor? He has a MSI K8T Neo FSR. The bios could see it, but when we tried to install windows it would get to the point to chose the drive and say that no drives were found.

The first question is most important right now. He has a USB keyboard and the damn boot manager won't let him select using it, so we've been using my keyboard.

Back