Windows Live OneCare 2.0...thoughts?

DeaconFrost

[H]F Junkie
I'm looking at Windows Live OneCare for my home use, and was wondering if anyone had some impressions on the newest version. I have two Vista x64 boxes at home, and one XP Pro SP2 laptop. I had the first incarnation running at home, and felt like it bogged my system down. Anyone have some thoughts to share?

i have used avg for some 4 or 5 yrs now, but when i got my new laptop i decided to try live one care. so far it has been working ok and i havent really seen or found anything that makes me want to uninstall it just yet, i figure ill try this free version for the 90 day free trial
and then i will make my decision,, i just downloaded winXP pro x64 and plan on doing a fresh install next week right now im running media center but i have heard live one is really good on the x64 xp so i will keep you posted on my findings,, oh one more thing live one did find a trojan that had been in my yahoo site builder that avg never found on this laptop and my old desk top that i transfered everything from,,,

Personally I would recommend Eset Smart Security, their newest product just released at the beginning of November. It's basically NOD32 version 3.0 with a host of other features to make it a "suite:" antivirus (the best), anti-spyware handling now, malware, even a firewall too.

It took Eset a while to get it all together, but in testing I've found it to be incredibly responsive, and like all Eset products, it has a minimal resource footprint -- barely any RAM usage to speak or comment on, the fastest AV scanner around, and... well... I trust their products.

You asked for impressions/opinions, well there's mine. :)

I too am using ESET NOD32 and I don't see any performance hit on my machine.
it's not bloated like Norton and was only $59 for 2 years.

The two main reasons I was looking into it...aside from that it's easy to use, are the cost ($20 for 3 PCs a year) and the tie in features to WHS, which I am thinking of buying for my home server.

Back