Windows Live Mail/Outlook 2016 for Mac

StefanPeeters

Weaksauce
Hi,
I bought a Mac and using Windows Live Mail on my old Windows computer. I am using Telenet Webmail and I my mailbox is running full of emails.
I dont want to delete any emails. I like to backup my emails in a (user friendly readable backup) on my Mac. I have backed up the emails on my Windows computer with the free version of Mailstore and I have exported the outlook on my Mac. Now I power on my Windows computer to read mails but I would like not to use the Windows computer anymore.
Does someone can help me what I do better? Can I bring the emails from my Windows computer to my Mac without loosing any of them?
Help is very appreciated!

Add the webmail account to MacOS mail? Then you can easily archive them locally to free space on the live mailbox.

Add the webmail account to MacOS mail? Then you can easily archive them locally to free space on the live mailbox.
Hi bidddybn,
I am sorry for the late reply!
Is it possible to change the pad to my local drive where I can store emails before deleting them so I have a copy after? I am using Imap and Outlook.
Thank you

Hi bidddybn,
I am sorry for the late reply!
Is it possible to change the pad to my local drive where I can store emails before deleting them so I have a copy after? I am using Imap and Outlook.
Thank you

Yes. Add the account to Mail. Let the messages download then export them to a local copy. I do this often as my IT department still thinks this is 2001 where a 2GB mailbox is large enough.

This reminds me I need to archive 2018 as well now. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 7.56.26 AM.png

Back