Windows & Linux Problems..

LionKinG88

Limp Gawd
Hi,
One of my friends have WinXP installed on his comp.
And he was trying to install College Linux on his comp but it didnt find any hdd's , and the same thing happens when he tries to install Windows.
Can any1 help plz? :)

Chances are, he needs to load drivers to get the OSes to recognize the hard drives first. Your not really giving us much information to go on, and I'm also confused how he has XP loaded, but your saying he can't install Windows? If he has XP loaded, it should be very easy for him to find out what controller his drives are using, and if he needs a driver disk or not.

When he installs its not in windows mode, btw what kind of drivers? And where can I get them?

Your still not giving any information that would let us help out, but I was referring to the controller drivers that his hard drives are connected to. You have to go to the motherboard's site and download them.

you need to provide the exact type of laptop if you want help finding the correct driver(s).

I found the problem why windows/linux install doesnt find any hdd's.
My friend got a PCI-e mobo, dont remember wich1 ayways he had his IDE cable connected to primary raid, i connected it to primary ide BUT there is no secondary ide on the mobo ;s i dont really know these new pci-e mobos but there was only primary ide and primary raid and secondary raid. What should he do so he can connect his cd-rom and burner also? when u connect to the raid primary or secondary his comp doesnt find it. :confused:

Back