OK, I have a Windows licensing question. I know is mention many time but my scenario is little different. I been working for a small tech computer who sometimes lease computer equipment (PC, Laptops) to clients and customers. These are new computers purchase directly from system manufactures.
Long story short, we have over 300+ computers in total and been re-imaging when it gets return to us after the agreement and terms for the lease. I noticed all the computers is have OEM keys and is activating over KMS in our Windows 2008 server.
My questions,
How can I check the validity of the KMS server is using a pirated key or legit VLK?
Just say if we found out the KMS VLK is pirated do we just purchase a single VLK from Microsoft for the purpose of re-imaging the machines with OEM keys? We are running all 32 and 64 bit Windows 7.
Refence: http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/118928-windows-7-volume-licensing-and-re-imaging
thanks
Long story short, we have over 300+ computers in total and been re-imaging when it gets return to us after the agreement and terms for the lease. I noticed all the computers is have OEM keys and is activating over KMS in our Windows 2008 server.
My questions,
How can I check the validity of the KMS server is using a pirated key or legit VLK?
Just say if we found out the KMS VLK is pirated do we just purchase a single VLK from Microsoft for the purpose of re-imaging the machines with OEM keys? We are running all 32 and 64 bit Windows 7.
Refence: http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/118928-windows-7-volume-licensing-and-re-imaging
thanks
Last edited: