Windows License Error - New Mobo or MAC Address?

I recently RMA'd my motherboard to try and troubleshoot a freezing problem I have had. I switched out my P8P67 for an identical one and have been running it for 5 days.

I also disabled my current wi-fi card and have been using the motherboard's built-in ethernet connection because that seemed to be part of my freezing problem. I assume that this change in network connection could likely lead to my MAC address changing.

Due to one (or both) of these changes to my system, I am now receiving a Windows License error several times a day telling me my license is not valid. It is an OEM version of Windows 7 64-bit Professional that I purchased from Newegg.com

Is there a way to rectify this problem? It's a legitimate copy of Windows and I've only used it on this single system, so I know my license should be valid.

It saw the motherboard didn't match the old config. And it could be the new MAC addresses on the mobo as you have stated.. A call to M$ validation center should fix this.

I had to replace my mobo on a Win 7 computer last year. Even though I replaced it with the same model I got license errors as well. Chatting Microsoft support took care of it. I just explained what happened and they gave me a new key. It was pretty painless.

Back