Windows keeps locking up

carblow12

Limp Gawd
My windows keep locking up. I don't know why. I just installed windows. Not overclocked. 420W PSU. AMd 3000+, Geforce 6800GT Chaintech vnf3. I have no idea what the problem is. If u can help please help me.

Are all your drivers up to date?
Chipset
Video
ETC...

What are your temps like, maybe you need better air flow or to reseat the heatsink?

Did you recently install new hardware/software?

How old is the windows install?

Need more info.

I insatlled windows yesterday. I have lastest Video card, chipset, sound.My CPU is about 49C idle. My video card is 67C idle.

Does it lock up when you do something specific like open certain apps or is it random?

Do you have any other PCI cards? I once had an IRQ conflict that gave me fits.

Your GPU temp seems a tad high but shouldn't be giving you problems. I don't know how hot the 64's run but doubt that is a problem either.

SOmetimes random. and while i play coutnerstrike source, its fine with warcraft 3 and battlefiel vientnam. Sometimes when i just chill on aim in windows not running anything its just locks up. I don't know whats up. I think imma reinstall Windows thisw weekend.

I had the same problem awhile ago!

I upgraded the system in my sig from a 9600XT to a 9800pro and the random (but mostly in counter-Strike) freezing began.

It persisted with old and new drivers and even two different 9800pros both did it.

I reinstalled Windows hoping that would fix it and it didn't. So I reinstalled Windows again and poof, it was gone.

did u complety format the c drive or just reinstall? ill probaly reinstall 2-morrow afternoon

Back