Windows Image Acquisition Causing Problems

xyphoid

n00b
Well, my father's computer was running slow the first 5 minutes after booting up.

Actually, only internet explorer and my computer were the programs that didn't load for 5 minutes.

After that, the computer ran fine.

So I went into msconfig and found the program that was causing this problem which is Windows Image Acquisition (WIA). I found that it is used in runtime, for high-end and low-end scanners, digital cameras, and many other things. The only one of the devices listed I use is a scanner. IT sounds like an important service so im sort of confused at this point.

Any advice is welcome

Thanks, xyphoid

If you go to Services, how is this service set to run on your PC..Myne is Automatic, and it show Started..

Any further clues in EventViewer ?

how would I check that? Im looking and cannot find that category. I dont have Event Viewer, or I never used it before. What does it do?

thanks xyphoid

Let me intruduce you to one of my greatest friends in PC world:Eventviewer.

Go to Start-Control Panel-Administrative tools---
>Chose Event Viewer...
>>Click on Application and/or System.....Here you may find clues
>>You can clear these logs if you want to or save them....Look at your options..

>Chose Services...
>Click on Standard view
>Search down for this Service and right click on it to see details.
>>Example..It is dependant on RPC...

Moto Guzzi said:
Let me intruduce you to one of my greatest friends in PC world:Eventviewer.

Go to Start-Control Panel-Administrative tools---
>Chose Event Viewer...
>>Click on Application and/or System.....Here you may find clues
>>You can clear these logs if you want to or save them....Look at your options..

>Chose Services...
>Click on Standard view
>Search down for this Service and right click on it to see details.
>>Example..It is dependant on RPC...
thanks man, ill try it as soon as i get access to my dad's computer whihc will be like in an hour.

Back