Windows Home Server Still Crippled By Corruption Issues

eeyrjmr

[H]ardness Supreme
http://www.dailytech.com/Windows+Home+Server+Still+Crippled+By+Corruption+Issues/article10809.htm

Two months have passed and the issue has not been resolved. Instead, Microsoft conceded that the scope of the problem is much bigger than initially estimated. Microsoft acknowledged numerous customer reports of corruption in the following programs, though it says it has thus far been unable to replicate them:

• Apple iTunes
  • Zune Software
  • Photoshop Elements
  • WinAmp
  • Microsoft Office Excel
  • Mozilla Thunderbird
  • Visual Dataflex
The expanded list greatly increases the number of users who may eventually experience the problem. Between the iPod and Zune player populations alone, many may now be wary of Windows Home Server use until Microsoft can get to the root of the data corruption.

a fileserver that corrupt user data and no idea why... stay away kids

Only if we knew when the power pack i s going to be released
I think i'll use server 08 for now for my fileserver then

It was nice to see this info, I was just about the pull the trigger on home server. But I can wait till they get the bugs out.. Saving on the server is how I do it on all my computers so this is a major issue for me. I hope they can iron out the bugs or just spray them.:D

Wow, I'm sure this was meant as a PSA, and not another Windows sucks, use Linux thread.</SARCASM>
I think i'll use server 08 for now for my fileserver then
I'm still on the fence with this. My plan for a WHS is purely as a backup server, where I can put SyncToy on my computer and my wife's and just copy the data over to the server. At least for now, that's how I'd use WHS. However, I'm thinking of using Server 2008, not only to play around with it, but to run things like SharePoint Server, etc.

Back