Windows Experience Index fails after Bulldozer hotfix

smithy1185

n00b
As the title states, I ran the WEI on a clean install of W7 with an 8120 and it ran fine. I installed the two hotfixes from Microsoft for the FX cpus and now at the end it says the WEI could not finish because of a driver or problem, etc. The only thing that's changed has been the installation of the hotfixes and I've read about people re-running the WEI so I'm not sure what the problem is. I know it's not a huge deal but I'm really ocd and it bugs me. I'd rather not have to reinstall W7 again to test. Thanks in advance.

Check your Windows logs for possible errors.

I think I had this problem with the hotfix, but I could have gotten it from some other piece of software (AOD/Fusion or something). In addition to WEI, I wasn't able to get into Windows Features either and my clock wasn't keeping accurate time. My Windows logs showed a lot of CAPI2 errors with a MS certificate - it needed to be re-installed manually. I also unistalled AOD and AMD Fusion apps to be on the safe side.

Hate to say it, but the problem never went away. Every couple weeks - I would start getting the CAPI2 errors again. I eventually reloaded Win7.

Back