Windows doesnt see my DVD anymore?

Proxy

Pumpkin Ghost
Hey guys, I am under XP x64bit, and after I installed Quake 4, windows won't see my DVD drive anymore. It is a LITE-ON SOHW-1673S. I have tried a different drive, still won't see it. I also looked in my BIOS and everything is fine. When I put CD/DVD's in it won't even spin up anymore (nor would the other drive (known good)). I have never had this problem before, and this is suppose to be a P&P device. Any ideas?:confused:

Hey guys, I am under XP x64bit, and after I installed Quake 4, windows won't see my DVD drive anymore. It is a LITE-ON SOHW-1673S. I have tried a different drive, still won't see it. I also looked in my BIOS and everything is fine. When I put CD/DVD's in it won't even spin up anymore (nor would the other drive (known good)). I have never had this problem before, and this is suppose to be a P&P device. Any ideas?:confused:

It might be the fact that your cable might be shot or the connection isn't firm.

Ok, I have resolved this problem, it turns out there is a file in the registry that Windows thought it needed, this is what the problem came from. Under class in {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} in "Class" Windows added some command that it didn't need, this caused device conflicts. I would just like to find out what made Windows think it needed this command..

This happens to me everytime I use Nero to burn a DVD using my ide drive. My Sata drive still shows up but it's not a dvd+-r drive so I need the ide drive in order to burn dvds. I looked up the key you referenced and sure enough it directs me to a subset of keys that deal with optical devices but I'm not sure what is needed or not needed. What "command" or key was there that Windows thought it needed? When this happened to me I always had to uninstall and reinstall my scsi drivers.

Back