soulslinga
n00b
- Joined
- Sep 5, 2003
- Messages
- 45
Hello.
I originally had this trouble with the chaintech av-710 card.
Windows XP Pro won't play any sounds, music, etc. Winamp gives a 'bad direct sound driver' error.
In 'sounds and audio devices' everything is greyed out. I cant change any options. Playback, Recording, Voice, etc, all say 'no playback devices, no recording devices, ' etc.
I tried installing the latest drivers and the latest directx. No luck.
Sound will still travel thru the soundcard (my satellite radio plugged into the line in of the card is audible thru the speaker) but no sounds will play in windows.
So i switched back to my old soundcard, soundblaster creative audigy platinum ex. and i still have the same problem.
i have no 'question marks' in device manager. The creative card is listed under 'sound, video and game controllers' as if everything is fine.
i should add, i did have a question mark next to 'Microsoft Wdmm drivers' or something like that (under 'sound, video, game controllers'), i disabled it, now it is gone completely from device manager. I did this after i started experiencing sound issues using the Chaintech card. Not sure if i made anything worse...?
I cant hear anything!!! Help!
I originally had this trouble with the chaintech av-710 card.
Windows XP Pro won't play any sounds, music, etc. Winamp gives a 'bad direct sound driver' error.
In 'sounds and audio devices' everything is greyed out. I cant change any options. Playback, Recording, Voice, etc, all say 'no playback devices, no recording devices, ' etc.
I tried installing the latest drivers and the latest directx. No luck.
Sound will still travel thru the soundcard (my satellite radio plugged into the line in of the card is audible thru the speaker) but no sounds will play in windows.
So i switched back to my old soundcard, soundblaster creative audigy platinum ex. and i still have the same problem.
i have no 'question marks' in device manager. The creative card is listed under 'sound, video and game controllers' as if everything is fine.
i should add, i did have a question mark next to 'Microsoft Wdmm drivers' or something like that (under 'sound, video, game controllers'), i disabled it, now it is gone completely from device manager. I did this after i started experiencing sound issues using the Chaintech card. Not sure if i made anything worse...?
I cant hear anything!!! Help!