- Joined
- Apr 10, 2003
- Messages
- 23,532
Reinstalling Windows 8.1 fully because of a hard drive failure and tired of manually uninstalling hundreds of programs one by one that were on the dead drive. I have an issue where Windows 8.1 only sees my monitor on the Displayport and not the one on the DVI. Only one monitor is present in Device Manager.
I haven't gotten around to the AMD drivers yet. Just using the Microsoft Basic Adapter driver. If I fire up my old Windows 8.1 installation, Device Manager has both monitors available.
If I install AMD drivers I can see the second monitor and use it for Eyefinity within the AMD Catalyst and it works perfectly, but Device Manager still can't see it. If I fire up my old Win 8.1 install everything works.
If I try to extend my desktop to the second monitor with the new 8.1 installation I get a black screen on both monitors. If I fire up old Windows 8.1 everything works.
In Catalyst I can disable the second monitor, set it as the main, I can duplicate the main monitor onto the second monitor, etc. For some reason it's refresh rate is the same as my main monitor's even though one is 60Hz and one is 120Hz. But if I try to extend it I get the black screen crap. Windows Basic driver doesn't even see the second monitor, but it duplicates my desktop as default.
What should I try next besides use my old installation.
Really tired of uninstalling old links to programs. Second monitor is an Acer H233H that I use for my browsers, Skype, etc while playing games. Worked perfectly fine for typing this message.
I haven't gotten around to the AMD drivers yet. Just using the Microsoft Basic Adapter driver. If I fire up my old Windows 8.1 installation, Device Manager has both monitors available.
If I install AMD drivers I can see the second monitor and use it for Eyefinity within the AMD Catalyst and it works perfectly, but Device Manager still can't see it. If I fire up my old Win 8.1 install everything works.
If I try to extend my desktop to the second monitor with the new 8.1 installation I get a black screen on both monitors. If I fire up old Windows 8.1 everything works.
In Catalyst I can disable the second monitor, set it as the main, I can duplicate the main monitor onto the second monitor, etc. For some reason it's refresh rate is the same as my main monitor's even though one is 60Hz and one is 120Hz. But if I try to extend it I get the black screen crap. Windows Basic driver doesn't even see the second monitor, but it duplicates my desktop as default.
What should I try next besides use my old installation.