• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Windows delayed write failure....dissapearing/reappearing drive

Lord Nassirbannipal

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 1, 2005
Messages
1,155
This problem started about a week ago.

Whenever playing mp3's from my music drive, Musicmatch crashes, and an error message comes up regarding something about a delayed write failure from the particular drive. A little while after that, the drive just up and vanishes from "My Computer". Sometimes it reappears, but other times I have to reboot(sometimes repeatedly).

I tried switching the drive to different IDE slots and even from the onboard IDE to my controller card, but no cigar.

As far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong with the drive, so could it be a MOBO or XP problem?
 
Yes, and it didn't work.

The drive now shows up in "My computer", but when trying to access it, it says that the device is not connected. I can right click it and select "properties" and yadda yadda yadda, but other than that, I can't access it.
 
Back
Top