TheMattrix
n00b
- Joined
- Aug 18, 2004
- Messages
- 5
Just installed WinXP with SP2 on this ballin' Athlon 64 3800+ machine ...but there's one problem....
Whenever I start up Windows, it tries to install drivers for the IDE DVD-RW drive, and both serial ATA hard drives. However, it can never actually find the drivers for them, so it fails. The "Don't prompt me again to install this software" never works either. It does the same thing every time I start Windows. Windows can read the drives just fine, though.
The error that it comes up with is:
"Windows could not load the installer for DiskDrive. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance."
Then it proceeds to try to install the device.
I have the newest nForce unified drivers (it's a Gigabyte nForce3 Ultra board) and the newest Silicon Image SATA drivers. The drivers that came with the mobo don't help the situation any.
Also, when I plug in my USB thumbdrive, it gives me the same error as for the hard drives, and, like the other drives, it seems to work perfectly normally otherwise. Apparently, I can use the "Safely Remove Hardware" system tray icon to remove the hard drives too. It's like they're plug and play or something...
Edit: Oh, yeah, and I already reinstalled Windows again just in case that was the problem, with the exact same disk I used for the installation on my computer, and it works perfectly fine.
Help!
Whenever I start up Windows, it tries to install drivers for the IDE DVD-RW drive, and both serial ATA hard drives. However, it can never actually find the drivers for them, so it fails. The "Don't prompt me again to install this software" never works either. It does the same thing every time I start Windows. Windows can read the drives just fine, though.
The error that it comes up with is:
"Windows could not load the installer for DiskDrive. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance."
Then it proceeds to try to install the device.
I have the newest nForce unified drivers (it's a Gigabyte nForce3 Ultra board) and the newest Silicon Image SATA drivers. The drivers that came with the mobo don't help the situation any.
Also, when I plug in my USB thumbdrive, it gives me the same error as for the hard drives, and, like the other drives, it seems to work perfectly normally otherwise. Apparently, I can use the "Safely Remove Hardware" system tray icon to remove the hard drives too. It's like they're plug and play or something...
Edit: Oh, yeah, and I already reinstalled Windows again just in case that was the problem, with the exact same disk I used for the installation on my computer, and it works perfectly fine.
Help!