• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Windows Corruption with OC

digitalx0

Gawd
Joined
Jan 4, 2005
Messages
801
I can pull off a 24hr prime stable oc of 2.4ghz @ 1.55v, but I have recently been oc'ed at 2.25 @ 1.4v. Before I begin, this has happened the first time I OC'ed my current setup, and in the end, i had to reinstall windows because I couldn't even boot up. (corrupted windows?)

So this time around, I have been OC'ed at 2.25 (9x250) so i can run my ram at stock at least.. everything was fine for a week playing BF2, B&W2, etc.. then all of a sudden while I was doing some homework (btw, my computer was idle at the desktop) it just restarts. I knew this wasn't good because this was the same thing that it did before. So it restarts and the bar freezes at the windows loading screen, directly followed by a blue screen, then it restarts.

It loops like this until I load optimized defaults in the bios. Any ideas what could cause this? My ram has been memtested at stock speeds and both sticks ran just fine, my cpu was primed stable for 24 hours at 2.4ghz... but I keep getting these odd crashes even while I am just idling..

Elder Scrolls 4 oblivion is coming out soon and I really don't want to have to worry about these problems. any helop would be great, and I'm sure I will need to answer many more questions. thanks
 
maybe something broke inside of your cpu... i'd just run it at stock, gotta do what works.
 
so if i read your post correctly you said you can get prime95 stable for 24hours at a oc of 2.4ghz@1.55v but then you decided to downclock to 2.25ghz@1.4v without any testing? your processor probably needs more voltage then 1.4 at 2.25ghz
 
yeah either more voltage, or it can be a PSU problem too. I had something similar happen to me, got a new PSU and it ran fine :)

good luck
 
heero884 said:
so if i read your post correctly you said you can get prime95 stable for 24hours at a oc of 2.4ghz@1.55v but then you decided to downclock to 2.25ghz@1.4v without any testing? your processor probably needs more voltage then 1.4 at 2.25ghz

I primed it at those same settings when I first got the chip, so I figured it could handle it, but I will prime it again to doubelcheck myself.
 
Back
Top