Windows Controlling my Wifi ...

osalcido

[H]ard|Gawd
Ive been on a fresh installation of windows for about a week. When I first started, I had to install the Linksys USB adapter monitor to get my Wifi running right.

I noticed that the little windows Network Icon always stayed in "connecting" even when I was already connected to the internet Recently though, Windows seems to have taken over and now the Network Icon says its "Connected to linksys router" while the Linksys monitor says It cannot connect to the internet.

Normally I wouldnt give a crap but the two programs seem to be fighting each other for control of it and it is causing a lot of disconnects and slow browsing

Id normally stick with the windows program but whenever I uninstall the USB Network Adapter software it removes the driver too and windows cant access it

So how do I disable Windows Control of my wifi network settings?

go into services.

STOP the "wireless zero configuration" service. Set it to manual.

Use linksys software to connect to wireless nodes.

Be happy :)

go into services.

STOP the "wireless zero configuration" service. Set it to manual.

Use linksys software to connect to wireless nodes.

Be happy :)

or go into the properties for the wireless connection, go to the wireless networks tab, and uncheck the "Use Windows to configure my wireless connection settings" box

or go into the properties for the wireless connection, go to the wireless networks tab, and uncheck the "Use Windows to configure my wireless connection settings" box

sniper was right on the money.

That 'use windows to configure' option only shows up if a wireless network is detected, btw. Which there were none in the network list because they were being picked up by the linksys monitor

Back