Windows: Computer seems like it hibernated, when it is disabled

gojita

Limp Gawd
The weirdest idle state I've seen happened to me this morning. I woke up and couldn't hear my computer so I figure it crashed. I pressed the power and went away to grab food. Almost instantly my computer woke back up and all my internet apps didn't look like they exited and had a "connection lost" time of when I turned the computer off.

I was thinking it was hibernate, except for the fact that all my internet were still running (or the internet app didn't realize it lost connection until it booted back up), but hibernate is disabled and didn't work last time i tried. Any ideas what just happened?

My rig does something similar. I always have it go to sleep (And it would wake up instantly like from sleep) but there was this time when I came back after a black out and it was actually waking up from hibernation. Might have something to do with the way sleep is being implemented since it takes a while to go to sleep on mine. It was probably copying ram to disk, that way if it lost power during sleep it would resort to hibernation.

Back