windows activation question

sparky3009

Gawd
So I am in the process of upgrading my computer (basically a whole new computer) and I remembered back to when I used a 'legal' copy of XP I could only upgrade my computer like 3 times and then the key got locked and I couldn't activate it.

Well I'm part way though the build, got a new mobo, and tomorrow I'm getting yet another new mobo which I will be putting in along with a opty 170 processor. Well I wanted to re-install vista now just for fun but I figured I should do some research on how many times I can install it on an upgraded machine. Well I read that you can only register it 2 times total, your initial install and one time after an upgrade. I kept reading and they said the only way to activate it more than those 2 times was to call microshit, ermm microsoft, and activate over the phone. Well I looked on their site, and discovered its about as useful as their operating systems... I could only find numbers you had to pay $60 to use... Hell, I couldn't even find an email address that you didn't have to pay $60 to send a msg to...

So whats the deal? Does anyone know a FREE number so I can call microsoft and activate my LEGAL O/S? Im seriously really fed-up with microsoft, and am about ready to break the CD up and flush it down the toilet, then switch to Ubuntu.

Sorry about the major microsoft flame-age... but I'm sick of them feeling like they can do anything they want because they created the most widely used software known to PC users...

Tried running in compatibility for XP but it didnt make any difference. The only game I really have problem with is any steam game that uses hl2.exe.... so basically hl2, css and hl2dm..

I contacted steam about it but they said it wasn't their fault it didn't work...

Prolly not the best week in the life of sparky3009.... my POS audi a4 is in pieces in the garage and I cant get that hunk of shit back together.... microshit is makin me mad, and steam is just throwing me off the edge. I think if we all drove geo prizm's and used linux..... the world would be much simpler.

Back