Windows...98: OEM installations

bigstusexy

2[H]4U
I'm looking for the microsoft tool, if it exists, to do installs that are replicated through imaging.

I can't remeber the program name right now (I'm very sleepy) but windows 2000 has a program that will wipe the UID of the installation and the key which was used to install it. I need the same thing done but for 98 se.

Situation: A Organization is installing windows to about 500+ computers these are OLD systems not getting to over 233Mhz and they are going to make images for each system type and duplicate them to each target system. Now with their licensing agreement with MS they have to the COA sticker on the system and that number must go into that system.

If anyone knows this tool please tell me, I'm looking through technet right now I remeber getting a compaq that once you ran it the first time (or re installed its recovery image) it would start, show the agreemnt for you to accept, ask for the key, then windows would work normally from there.

I know there is sysprep that will do this but I have no idea if it works on 98.

Yeah I'm looking for a tool like that for 98.... Anyone know what these "preinstallations cds" are? Is that actually what I'm looking for ?

Back