Windows 95 On The iPhone

Interesting. It'll be awesome when someone puts a completely usable alternative OS on the iphone.

Before anyone asks, "Why?" I'll just say: because they can?

rad? Did I wake up this morning in the 80's? LOL

does it work on a real iphone? because i could photoshop a photo of the iphone, make it into a custom skin for virtual pc, and run win7 on the iphone if thats all it takes...

does it work on a real iphone? because i could photoshop a photo of the iphone, make it into a custom skin for virtual pc, and run win7 on the iphone if thats all it takes...

Watch the video. He puts the real iPhone running windows down on his keyboard a little later. It's really slow though. That's probably why he shows the iPhone emulator initially, because it has enough horsepower to run the OS properly where the actual iPhone does not.

My big complaint with iPhone isn't the iPhone's OS. It's with iTunes. :(

My big complaint with iPhone isn't the iPhone's OS. It's with iTunes. :(

Join the ranks.

:)

I've yet to figure out why companies (and Microsoft does this with Zune, too) always feel they've go to create propriety nonsense.

Of course it's slow as balls, it's running on an x86 emulator on a fucking phone.

But hey, at lest now the iPhone can multitask! Kinda.

thats pretty awesome considering how far we have come in such a short while.

What ever happened to those dudes who were trying to get Linux to play nice with the iPhone/iPod Touch?

Join the ranks.

:)

I've yet to figure out why companies (and Microsoft does this with Zune, too) always feel they've go to create propriety nonsense.

probably because theres no good 3rd party store out there to really compete, and its going to cost them next to nothing to create their own proprietary store to sell music on, they just have to pay their fee's...

I don't mind the Zune network, it was pretty cool since day 1, I've had a lot better of an experience with that then iTunes.

probably because theres no good 3rd party store out there to really compete, and its going to cost them next to nothing to create their own proprietary store to sell music on, they just have to pay their fee's...

Who needs 3rd party software? Show it as a hard drive on your computer and drag and drop. Simple.

Cowon, the best sounding DAP quality you can buy, has done this forever.

store in general then!?, actually I didn't know about Cowon, I'll check it out, thanks!

store in general then!?, actually I didn't know about Cowon, I'll check it out, thanks!

It shows up as a hard drive. Just like a flash stick would. Usually has "Music" "Photos" "Videos" etc folders that you stick stuff under.

Lookup the Cowon S9

Here's a good example of how shitty the iPod looks compared to it :)
6a00d83451c9ec69e201156e3ce392970c-pi

lol @ "So we wait 3GS for a new test and new amazing expirience."

20% faster than agonizingly slow is still agonizingly slow. Someone has been drinking the kool aid.

Wow - impressive, but oh so slow...

...I wonder if putting Linux or Unix on that thing would work better

Guys, guys. Win95 is great and all, but how will I know when I can turn off my iPhone?

Safe.png

...I wonder if putting Linux or Unix on that thing would work better
Probably not. The Nokia Internet tablets run a version of Debian and have the same problem of running Win98 in an emulator *very* slowly. The N810 has a 400MHz ARM11 and the iPhone 3G has a 412MHz ARM11. ARM processors are not good for x86 emulation.

Maybe a 1GHz+ Cortex A9 can finally handle emulating such an ancient OS. :p Or even better, a Moorestown based MID will probably be a lot more suitable for a handheld.

Not that impressive. I've been using Jaadu VNC to control my Windows 7 computer from my iPod Touch. Extremely responsive and way cooler looking than 95.

P.S. I was impressed until I saw how slow it is.

Probably not. The Nokia Internet tablets run a version of Debian and have the same problem of running Win98 in an emulator *very* slowly. The N810 has a 400MHz ARM11 and the iPhone 3G has a 412MHz ARM11. ARM processors are not good for x86 emulation.

Maybe a 1GHz+ Cortex A9 can finally handle emulating such an ancient OS. :p Or even better, a Moorestown based MID will probably be a lot more suitable for a handheld.

:p Yes, you are right on that one - I never took into account the ARM processor for the architecture in which these are running.

More Windows on Apple products.. seems like even the Mac Warriors are starting to want more usability from their devices.

Cowon, the best sounding DAP quality you can buy, has done this forever.

Guess you never owned a Rio Karma, eh? The absolute undisputed audio quality king of it's day, and to be honest, it still sounds better than anything yet created in the DAP market... and man I miss mine so much. ;)

Need to hit fleaBay for one sometime and slap a 64GB CF card in it... geezus christ that thing kicks ass, it always will.

Back