Windows 8 x64 XBMC + GTX 670 = Choppy/Audio Delay

avddreamr

Gawd
Setup is either out put to Dell u2711, or Epson 8500UB

According to my pj, I get 59.94hz on the menu display for standard navigation

Start 24p and I get 23.9...not 23.976 which will always cause stutter.

Is there a way that I could simply speed it up to 24hz, instead of trying to lock in 23.9760

Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

is it REALLY choppy as in unwatchable ? or is it just not smooth?

Have you selected DXVA in the playback menu?

Also in the playback menu, have you selected all of the applicable audio formats?

I'm confused. 24P is 23.976.

If you have studdering, try changing 'use full screen window instead of ..' is checked or uncheck it.

Set a custom resolution/hz in the nvidia control panel. This may help.

First, make sure you are outputting from digital to digital. Meaning don't use the VGA port on that Dell. Either HDMI or DVI.

Second, If you think it's off (and you really should check first) XBMC does have a "set refresh to display"
toggle in the video configuration.

It's an audio setting. I believe setting it to analog will fix the issue. I setup XBMC for my mother and encountered same issue on most (but not all) movies. Setting audio to Analog, while still using HDMI to output, fixed the issue.

yeah analog would solve the issue, it was introduced with the new Audio engine in version 12, I actually had to make changes on my receiver to get it to work properly on digital and even then sometimes some movies would have trouble and I gotta switch to analog, also don't use Wasapi instead use direct sound (high pitched noise under wasapi sometimes).

It is very well documented on the XBMC forums,

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

Back