Windows 8 touch panel monitors?

boygorge

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
114
I'm looking for a touch panel monitor to use with Windows 8 when it releases and so far I've only seen the Acer 232 which NCIX did a preview with and I like it, but before I commit I wanted to know if there are any others available and even with a higher resolution than 1900x1080?
 
why would you want this? win 8 touchscreen functions will be great for tablets and possibly for laptops, but i dont see many people using it with desktop win8. a mouse and keyboard are just so much easier and dont leave fingerprints all over your screen.

that said, i think viewsonic has one or two 1080p touchscreens, like 22 or 23" size. not sure of the model number(s).
 
why would you want this? win 8 touchscreen functions will be great for tablets and possibly for laptops, but i dont see many people using it with desktop win8. a mouse and keyboard are just so much easier and dont leave fingerprints all over your screen.

that said, i think viewsonic has one or two 1080p touchscreens, like 22 or 23" size. not sure of the model number(s).

I agree sir! However I see it as an opportunity to completely submerse myself interacting with my PC. Think of the future its now! But I will check those out no doubt. Thank you.
 
I agree sir! However I see it as an opportunity to completely submerse myself interacting with my PC. Think of the future its now! But I will check those out no doubt. Thank you.

Couldn't agree more. I think it will be amazing to see how intertwined touchscreens will be in our everyday lives on every monitor. I currently have around 6 monitors in my house and currently building a kiosk pc for my kids room that will benefit from a touchscreen monitor.
 
They need to make some sort of touchscreen track pad merged functionality device on a small accessory screen for windows 8 desktops. It could be used for the start menu, pro app toolbars (photoshop, visio, whatever) and scrolling around on web pages. keep grimy finger prints off the primary display.
 
I bought the dell ST2220T when it was on sale just to try out. It's a nice IPS display, but only 2 point multitouch.

It's fun to have - but I can't agree more on the fingerprints. Since the display is glossy - it bugs me to no end that I can see every little smudge and fingerprint on it. It's very distracting.

Touchscreen is wonderful as a side monitor or on a tablet, but I still easily prefer a keyboard and mouse. I'll always prefer a physical keyboard to the onscreen ones.
 
I would be using it as a side monitor. I would be gaming on one and doing research i.e Facebook on the touchscreen. lol
 
Back
Top