Windows 8 Reboot loop

PCunicorn

[H]ard|Gawd
My install of W8 keeps rebooting. It says 100 percent complete, goes to 30 percent, then says restarting and restarts. Been doing this for the last 20 minutes. Maybe it just has a ton of updates, but shouldn't it tell me how far it is through (eg. Update 7/15)?

Edit: It stopped. But still, why doesn't it have a thing like 7/15?

I guess that is just how it is. Mine did the same thing but I let it just do its thing and it was done without a problem.

Besides Microsoft's warning of "Computer may restart many times during the update process", no they give you no indication besides how much of a percent the current update is taking. Sometimes it wont even restart your machine. You don't notice until the next time you power down and it finishes the final hooray, which is usually why even after I think everything is good I do a last ditch restart just to make sure.

With their update auto-restart system I don't want to take the chance of getting burned doing an important task only for it to do a random reboot.

It's small things like this that should be common sense that really piss me off about Windows.

Back