Windows 8 Professional $50

its just an upgrade from 7? thats odd..

for a valid .edu address you can probably get free win8 from your college.

you can just do the registry hack to do a clean install.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Setup/OOBE/

change from 0 to 1

man... your thread title is very misleading.

Would one of the mods please add the .edu email address requirement to the thread title?

With my college, unless you are taking a computer science class, you do not get MSDN access. Access only lasts for the duration of the class. My college isn't a small college either, it's UC Riverside.

Nevermind

Last edited:
This is an ok price since the EDU version on MS site goes for $69.99. Like Tsumi said, a lot of people don't get MSDN access unless they are taking computer science or equivalent classes.

As someone who does not get MSDN access but has a .edu address, Thanks!

Now I just need to source Office 2013 for cheap

With my college, unless you are taking a computer science class, you do not get MSDN access. Access only lasts for the duration of the class. My college isn't a small college either, it's UC Riverside.

For mine, it has to be your declared major.

I was worried about the 4-year expiration but I doubt I'll be using Office 2013 4 yeas from now.

The nice part of the subscription is that you'll get Office 2016 or whatever when they release it (as long as it's within the 4-year period).

What is win 8 "professional" ? does it come with a win 7 style interface, by any chance?

Same for UNLV. Must be a CS major and actively enrolled last time I checked.

Back