Windows 8 Pro x64 - ESENT (Event ID 910) Warnings

Milena

Limp Gawd
Hi there

I'm getting ESENT warnings with the Event ID 910 once every 2-3 days on average:

svchost (1432) The database cache size maintenance task has taken 3539 seconds without completing. This may result in severe performance degradation. Current cache size is 3 buffers above the configured cache limit (130 percent of target). Cache size maintenance evicted 0 buffers, made 6879 flush attempts, and successfully flushed 0 buffers. It has run 11782 times since maintenance was triggered.

The specific svchost.exe Process ID does always point to the Windows Firewall Service.

My PC and this Windows 8 Installation are working perfectly fine with no problems whatsoever, this is the only warning I see in Event Viewer.

According to Microsoft Technet this warning message has been around since early builds of Windows 8 in 2012 and there are many users getting it though nobody knows the cause or a solution.

I'm not too savvy when it comes to the depths of Microsoft's Firewall but these ESENT messages must be related to the Firewall's Database Cache?!

Just wanted to share this here and ask how many other users are seeing these warnings in their Event Viewer.

Kind regards

Back