Windows 8: No sound when emptying Recycle Bin.

Geolith

Limp Gawd
Nothing terribly important, but still, I was used to it and now, like tons of other things, it seems to have disappeared.

I've searched the "Program Events" list in the Sounds tab up and down, but I don't see anything like "Empty Recycle Bin". However, the sound itself is present in the available sounds dropdown menu (and sounds the same as in Windows 7). I don't know what to make of it. Any ideas? :confused:

There should be a heading in the list called "File Explorer" called "Empty Recycle Bin". For whatever reason there is not association set by default.

These are the little things that are annoying with W8, I dont feel this was on purpose also, its not a big deal but I think MS probably forgot to turn this on by default, sloppy.

Just before I saw this thread I emptied my Recycle Bin. I am using the Sailing theme from MS and the empty sound is dropping something into the sea. Made me smile.

Last edited:
I am using the Sailing theme from MS and the empty sound is a toilet flushing.

Thanks to your post, I've just discovered a whole new world of Windows 8 themes! Downloading Alan Wake theme at the moment. :D

Back