Windows 8 Metro apps & return to desktop

Ur_Mom

Fully [H]
Ok. I just found an annoyance with Windows 8. Not sure if it's fixed in Windows 8.1 or if there is an application that can fix it.

If I am on the desktop, and browse using "My Computer" (Computer, now, I guess) or Documents or whatever. If I open a file that uses a Metro app, when I close the Metro app, is there a way to go back to the desktop rather than the default of into Metro? If I open one using Metro, I'd expect it to go back to my Metro UI. If I open it using a desktop app, I'd like it return to the desktop.

Not a big thing, but when going through multiple files (mobi, etc., I like the Metro app), getting back to the Metro UI and have to hit the desktop icon to get back to the standard Desktop 'Explorer'.

You can change it in 8.1 to go to the desktop. I found this pretty annoying to, the problem now is sometimes I want to go back to the start menu. I wish it would just go back to the last screen used, ie desktop or start menu.

You can change it in 8.1 to go to the desktop. I found this pretty annoying to, the problem now is sometimes I want to go back to the start menu. I wish it would just go back to the last screen used, ie desktop or start menu.

Last screen used or where the file was launched from. That's what I'm looking for. I was hoping there was a tweak or a tool that could do that... Not a huge deal, but it is one I constantly deal with (I do like some Metro apps, so I use those).

Back