Windows 8 E-Reader

Ur_Mom

Fully [H]
I am looking for a good e-reader for Windows 8, Metro style. But, all the ones I've tried (Kobo, Adobe Touch, Books HD, Reader) scroll vertically. I'd like to flip through the pages by swiping side to side, like a real book. I am looking to replace my iPad, and this is the biggest obstacle at the moment.

Not finding anything in settings in any of those apps. I'd like one with a book shelf or visual type of display when browsing my books.

Any suggestions?

Did you try Kindle?

I haven't used the Modern UI version of the app, but the other versions have always been good to me.

Adobe Reader Touch had a setting for reading mode. Changed it to single page rather than continuous. That's what I was looking for. :)

Although, I'm hoping a better option comes available sometime. Apple probably holds a patent on the book shelf look, but I'd like to have something similar so I can browse the covers, even if it's just the cover images. Right now, I hit the desktop which has a folder with books with large icons. I'd rather stay in Metro and have a single app there to browse and read books.

Back