Windows 8 and UEFI boot issues

DarkCyber

[H]ard|Gawd
I have someones computer that is an HP E1 running Windows 8 and the UEFI secure boot got turned off in the BIOS and only Legacy boot is on. So, the pc will boot from CD/DVD or USB but without either of those in there it just comes up like it is trying to boot from the network. i.e. can't get it back into Windows 8 at this point.

Anyway, is there a way to get back into the BIOS without having to get into Windows 8 first?

Let me for the record state I HATE Windows 8 because of this and having to boot first into Windows to get to safe mode :eek:

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have someones computer that is an HP E1 running Windows 8 and the UEFI secure boot got turned off in the BIOS and only Legacy boot is on. So, the pc will boot from CD/DVD or USB but without either of those in there it just comes up like it is trying to boot from the network. i.e. can't get it back into Windows 8 at this point.

Anyway, is there a way to get back into the BIOS without having to get into Windows 8 first?

Let me for the record state I HATE Windows 8 because of this and having to boot first into Windows to get to safe mode :eek:

Thanks!

Power off the computer fully. Then press and hold F10 and power the computer on. Hold the F10 key until you are in the UEFI bios. Hope that helps.

Power off the computer fully. Then press and hold F10 and power the computer on. Hold the F10 key until you are in the UEFI bios. Hope that helps.

Awesome! That is one trick I had not learned yet about Windows 8.

Thanks!

Back