windows 8 and multiple users question

kirk121

Limp Gawd
Hi guys I got a problem with a computer that my step moms church just got, we installed the programs they need under the administrator account and the other users that need access to the programs are getting the message that they don't have access to the programs. My first guess is that they would need to run it as administrator, which would mean that she would have to give them her password so they can run it correct? If this is the case is their any way around having to give them her password?

Thanks

What apps are you trying to use? Older apps, or apps that don't play nice with MS's multi-user app guidelines, are going to throw up access rights boxes. Your install may have users required to enter an Administrator login and password (note: this is not the default).

It is a older one called servant keeper it is for keeping track of donations and members, but ya I figured that they were going to have to enter the admin password to be able to use it. We were just hoping not to have to give it out if we really didn't have to.

for got to mention that it is the home version of windows

Back