• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Windows 8 and custom display driver -> problem...

Tup3x

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
1,946
Okay, so it seems to me that it's impossible to install custom display drivers in Windows 8 unless I'm missing something. Does anyone know how to bypass that?

hzmbl96.png
 
You can run the following, from an elevated command prompt and reboot, to install:
bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

To reset it again, run::
bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF
 
Yeah, but doesn't that put test mode stuff all over the place? To be honest, requiring to sign display drivers is the most stupidest thing I've heard in some time... Windows 7 didn't have that.
 
Yeah, but doesn't that put test mode stuff all over the place? To be honest, requiring to sign display drivers is the most stupidest thing I've heard in some time... Windows 7 didn't have that.

I actually managed to get it install, Forte drivers too though all settings get reset after boot. One can re-enable the checks and the installed stuff keeps working. I may revert back to W7 Pro image... There are some things that really annoy me like the sound card situation.

EDIT: Restoring ghost image...
 
Last edited:
I actually managed to get it install, Forte drivers too though all settings get reset after boot. One can re-enable the checks and the installed stuff keeps working. I may revert back to W7 Pro image... There are some things that really annoy me like the sound card situation.

EDIT: Restoring ghost image...

Yeah I was pretty annoyed with the lack of my Xonar DG control panel in Windows 8, losing the ability to switch the headphone amp on/off was a deal breaker for me.
 
Back
Top