Windows 8.1 Pro error: 0xC004C003

plyer3

Limp Gawd
I bought a windows 8.1 pro retail key from one of the members on here last week. Didn't get a chance to install it until today when my parts for my desktop just came in.

I'm having trouble activating windows 8.1 pro. I did a fresh install using the usb drive and still not working.

Not even the Phone Activation works as it's telling me not valid and to call after I input all the numbers in each block.

I also used the Windows tool where I input the key and then it downloads the Windows 8.1 pro and creates a usb key for me. But after everything is done, I still get the error that this product key cannot be activated.

Am I doing something wrong?

Installing this on a bare desktop without OS.

Anybody?

the Slui 4 method via phone activation keeps saying this is not a valid product and tells me to call support or return to retailer where I bought it from.

Are you sure it's not an upgrade key? I'd just contact the seller you bought from and ask for assistance from him/her.

Are you sure it's not an upgrade key? I'd just contact the seller you bought from and ask for assistance from him/her.

It's a retail key according to him. He sold his upgrade key on same listing.

He's just telling me to search google for answers and doesn't know himself...

I'd ask for a copy of the receipt so you can contact the original retailer if it comes to that... What happens when you call MS?

Maybe try to google on how to do a clean install with an upgrade key.

I've done that. I downloaded a clean Windows 8.1 pro iso and installed it.

I even tried the Windows 8.1 tool which I input the key and it downloaded windows 8.1 and created a usb media for me to install

It gives me the same error every time and under that error it says "The activation server determined the specified product key has been blocked"

Edit: It's also not the first time I've installed Windows. I've done many Windows installation in the past on friends and families' laptops and desktops. Googled hasn't helped much.

I already would have called a real support tech to get more info. Screw the automated. Just because someone says it's legit/ retail/ and not in use doesn't make it so. Dig dig dig.

Talk to MS tech support. It's at least possible that you may have been ripped off.

I even tried the Windows 8.1 tool which I input the key and it downloaded windows 8.1 and created a usb media for me to install

It gives me the same error every time and under that error it says "The activation server determined the specified product key has been blocked"

Edit: It's also not the first time I've installed Windows. I've done many Windows installation in the past on friends and families' laptops and desktops. Googled hasn't helped much.

Looks like it is an invalid key, assuming the code has been used many times to get it "blocked" by microsoft.

Is this perhaps one of those 'incredibly cheap legit' windows keys that were advertised here?

Is this perhaps one of those 'incredibly cheap legit' windows keys that were advertised here?

Idk, is $30 cheap? I thought it was legit since he seems to have sold many license keys for games and etc.

Still haven't heard back and I can't post on for sale thread due to my post count. I'm mainly on this site to buy phones when I see good deals.

Idk, is $30 cheap? I thought it was legit since he seems to have sold many license keys for games and etc.

Still haven't heard back and I can't post on for sale thread due to my post count. I'm mainly on this site to buy phones when I see good deals.

Anything below the shop price is fishy. The OS is 109 bucks on Amazon so what do you think, 30 bucks maybe a bit low? :)

Anything below the shop price is fishy. The OS is 109 bucks on Amazon so what do you think, 30 bucks maybe a bit low? :)

I've gotten a genuine one as low as $20 directly from Microsoft before but that's with the educational pricing. And I've seen them go for $40 quite a few times too.

I've gotten a genuine one as low as $20 directly from Microsoft before but that's with the educational pricing. And I've seen them go for $40 quite a few times too.

Yes exactly, past tense and from official sources. A fishy website or forum member offering 'special deals' is a warning sign. Usually nobody sells cheaper than what they paid.

Back