Windows 8.1 - Event Viewer Errors (ID 10010, DCOM)

Milena

Limp Gawd
Upgraded my PC to 8.1 and so far everythings finished I only have one problem left, an Event ID 10010 error is being logged 2 times after every log in:

The server {1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

I tracked this down in the registry and its related to Skydrive. I'm using a local account and not a Microsoft one so Skydrive isn't working, could that be the cause?

Anyone else is getting these events logged on their 8.1 install?

If I switch to a Microsoft account for Windows 8.1, what will actually happen when I try to log in while my Internet connection is down? I didn't read up much on it but im generally not a friend of any kind of online-only features.

Best regards

Just chiming in - I got the same DCOM error on my 8.1 (upgraded from 8) box. I also use a local account and am not using SkyDrive. No fix yet, but the error seems to be just cosmetic and not causing any harm. Maybe someone else will have more advice on getting rid of it.

I have the same error in the Event Log, I am also using a local account.

The server {1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

The server {BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

I did a clean install of Windows 8.1 from the ISO.

Just chiming in - I got the same DCOM error on my 8.1 (upgraded from 8) box. I also use a local account and am not using SkyDrive. No fix yet, but the error seems to be just cosmetic and not causing any harm. Maybe someone else will have more advice on getting rid of it.

As far as Microsoft is concerned if you haven't set up SpyDrive properly then you're out of compliance. Obnoxious. Just another reason I'm staying put on 8.0

Your credentials are cached if you don't have internet. Similar to what happens when you use a domain account and can't reach your domain. Its no issue, but gives some advantages.

Back