Windows 7 x64 - C-Media soundcards fix?

CodeRed

Limp Gawd
I have an Auzentech X-Meridian, based on the C-Media chipset. While it installs and works fine under 64-bit Win7, the whole computer freezes if you try to open the soundcard control panel. It seems like the 32-bit panel gets installed somehow. I was wondering if anyone has found a work-around for this problem; Auzentech said they expect official Win7 drivers to be available at the end of/after June, but I don't like waiting :p Works fine in x86 Win7, but I need all my RAM :p..

The only reason I really need to get into the control panel is to turn the subwoofer on/off. The sound itself works.

I have the same problem with the HT Omega Claro control panel. My system crashes every time I try to use it. The C-Media drivers (Oxygen CMI8788) installed and work just fine with W7 64-bit. You just have to use the Windows "Manage Audio Devices" app to configure sound in-put channels and speakers. Try unchecking subwoofer under customize configuration and see if that works for you. I think we will have to do without the convenience and fine tuning features on the control panels made for our sound cards until the Auzentech (in your case) and HT Omega (in my case) engineers upgrade their software to support W7.

Back