windows 7 wireless random disconnects

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
System Specs:
Asus G50VT-x5 Note book, P7450 Cpu, 9800GS M GPU, 4GB, Realtech wired ethenet, Intel 5100 AGN wireless, 2ea 80 GB Intel SSDs 2nd Gen, DL sata DVD burner, Win 7 Home premium 64 Bit.

Installed all newest Drivers, Updates, turned off wireless Power management and windows firewall, running MS Security Essentials AV and anti malware. Problem is that the wireless randomly disconnects the internet not my network. There seems to be quite a bit of this problem with Windows 7. From my internet research nobody seems to have a solution. I put the original Vista 64 Hd back in no problem, I also tried a Rosewill USB N wireless, same problem, Anybody out have any ideas? My router is a Netgear WNDR 3700, I have no problem with my XP or other Vista computer only Windows 7.
The wired ethernet works fine.

Confirmed issue.

2 routers (Belkin and Netgear N routers).
2 NIC's, 1 USB Belkin and 1 PCI-E Linksys

I tried a combination of them all, and the problem persisted.

I finally gave up trying to circumvent the issue, and just bought a Intel Pro 1000. There's something to be said about wireless, its convienent, and its fast enough for net uses, but there's definitely something flaky as shit about it in Win7.

This is Win 7 Pro x64 release if it matters, which from my understanding on the issue overall, it really doesn't.

Intel wireless drivers vary widely in stability by version - make sure you are using the latest from their website.

Intel wireless drivers vary widely in stability by version - make sure you are using the latest from their website.

Not limited to Intel.

Slightly different problem for me with my Belkin Wireless G USB adapter under Windows 7. The adapter randomly quits working altogether once every few days at random. I have to unplug and plug it back in, which is a pain when I'm not home and want to remotely access my computer.

At this time I haven't yet activated Windows 7 (OEM). I can't use an operating system that has unreliable wireless capability. Since this appears quite an issue, why hasn't MS done anything? It seems more and more to me that Windows 7 truly is an overhyped redo of Vista. The wierd thing is that Vista 64 home premium is working perfactly on this laptop. Guess I will use Vista until MS gets it's head out of a certain place. I'll put this copy of WIN 7 on a shelf until then. Its just a shame.......

Back