Windows 7, win update finds new ati driver?

jonesad

Limp Gawd
Hello -
I'm using the windows 7 release candidate and I have the AMD catylist 9.9 drivers installed. Windows update notified me yesterday that there was a new driver from AMD for the ati 4870x2, and it is 18megs.

Should I grab this or just continue using the 9.9 drivers? Or both?

Thanks!

its probly the 9.8, I know when I installed the 9.8 not too long ago windows found new drivers and they were 9.7's. there a little behind

The ones on Windows update are the 9.7s

I accidentally installed them this morning and had to uninstall / reinstall the 9.9s. Be sure to click "hide this update" next time your in Windows Update.

I have the ccc 9.9. I click on the Windows 7 ait driver update, but the installation failed. I have 2 4870 1GB in crossfire installed.

i think it was listed as a critical up too. i critical 2 month old update.

For things like this I wish they would list the driver verison in windows update

it installed on me when i shut down... what a pain in the ass!!!

For things like this I wish they would list the driver verison in windows update

Seriously! It's pretty useless as it is since people have seen it downgrade their driver version. Ugh. Even better would be if Windows update let you know what version you currently have and to what version it thinks you should 'upgrade.'

I haven't seen the ATI driver update yet, but Win7 tried to do this with my X-Fi and my LAN driver, too.
I had the latest (September) OEM drivers, but Win7 wanted me to "update" to their driver from July.
I think once Win7 is actually on the shelf some of these updates will be replaced by official launch drivers instead.

Back