windows 7 websites security certificates outdated *sigh*

zombix

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi. My moms friend just purchased a brand new e-machine and it has windows 7 installed on it. We got everything all setup for her on her system with all windows updates installed including video card (nvidia) drivers via windows update.

Theres a problem now where she cannot log into wachovia, chase, or wells fargo, because windows explorer (i guess its ie 8) keeps giving an error saying that the websites security certificates are outdated. Windows 7 or Internet Explorer will refuse to log in giving the same error every attempt to log in. This also happens when she tries to download secure things from at&t yahoo website or any legit website.

Help

I have been using windows since 95 and have never seen this problem before. Im scared to upgrade to 7 using trusty vista *sigh*

Install Firefox for the time being.

Reset to the default options for IE by going to tools- internet options- advanced- reset.

Check the date and time. If your system's time is off then you can run into this problem.

Try with or without www in front of the address, i have noticed that IE8 treats certs differently than previous editions.

Also try compatibility mode for the website

we had to disable pop up blocker in ie for her to log into her bank account. lame

sorry for the delay on the solution.

TBH that makes no sense whatsoever... Just having a popup blocker wouldn't generate that error.
Time and date would be the key...

the date and time is fine. It was just the pop up blocker it would pop up for anything giving certificate date errors. Had to turn that 'ish off to go anywhere. She got it from wal-mart so dunno

the date and time is fine. It was just the pop up blocker it would pop up for anything giving certificate date errors. Had to turn that 'ish off to go anywhere. She got it from wal-mart so dunno

Still doesn't make sense... Sounds like you just turned the warnings off, not actually fixing the problem.

Back