Windows 7 Trial Ends?

PinchedNerve

Limp Gawd
Hello.

Sorry if this has been asked & answered but I did a search & I didn't find anything. My question is in the title, when does "Windows 7 trial end"? I've seen August, October, & March & June of 2010. I would like to know as I am considering just going back to Vista 64 if the trial ends this month.

So what month & year does the trial end, I really couldn't find a hard date online either, or I am not wording my searches correctly.

I assume you mean the Release Candidate and how you’re wording it is why nothing is showing up, I've never seen someone refer to it as the trial.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dd353205.aspx?ITPID=wcfeed

Watch the calendar. The RC will expire on June 1, 2010. Starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. Windows will notify you two weeks before the bi-hourly shutdowns start. To avoid interruption, you’ll need to install a non-expired version of Windows before March 1, 2010. You’ll also need to install the programs and data that you want to use.

The Build 7100 Release Candidate 'trial' becomes only partially usable at the beginning of March, 2010. At that point in time it begins performing shutdowns after every 2 hour of use. Then, from June 2010 onwards, it expires completely and will no longer even start up.

Press Winkey+R, type 'winver' and hit ENTER. You'll see 'expiry' info displayed there. On the RC install I have in place the displayed information stipulates:

"Evaluation copy. Expires 2/3/2010 9:59 AM"

The few months of limited functionality which fall between that date/time and the date/time when it stops working alltogether is an "If this is all you have then it's time to do something about it!" opportunity.

:D

Edit: By the way. The message above indicating 2nd March doesn't indicate different information to what Crotan posted. I'm an Aussie. We're ahead of you Yanks! We always get there before you do!

lolz!

What is this "Winkey+R" bullshit I keep seeing mentioned... that's so ancient technology I swear...

The R key is redundant and deprecated all in the same movement...

It's just WINKEY now, and type what you want, or didn't you get that memo, Cat? :D

Just yankin' yer chain, but geez... no more "Winkey+R" will ya, it's just a waste of +R... hehe

I'm only missing a coupla fingers, not a whole hand. I've no need yet to head for the 'Accessibility' feature set for my own usage!

Back