• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Windows 7 + SSD= some apps not starting on boot properly?

housecat

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
778
Around the time I installed my X25-M 160GB drive, I started getting "server could not start" errors with Samsung PC Share Manager (I have it in the startup apps folder) and Windows Live Messenger won't startup on boot, by erroring out. If I start the server in PC Share Manager manually it works (the software itself does load). If I try to load WLM again, it starts just fine. I don't remember this happening with the Vertex I used previously, but I believe the WLM not starting on boot DID happen, the Samsung server not starting I'm pretty sure is new with the Intel.
Is the SSD too fast for these apps?? I'm on Windows 7 64bit, thank you.
 
Possibly. You may want to try starting them as scheduled tasks with a sufficient delay. Run Task Scheduler in administrator mode; the rest of the process is self-explanatory.
 
Back
Top