Windows 7 slipstream driver!?

Tazman2

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a user who has a Adaptec 1430SA raid card in their box and I need to be able to use the raid already built under that card. Is there a trick that will work seeing she has no floppy drive?

Windows 7 can read drivers off a USB stick, a USB external hard drive, or even off a CD or DVD when it comes to detecting the storage drivers. Much better nowadays than XP ever was in that respect. ;)

Just have the drivers handy on some kind of media (any of those above) and when it gets to the part in the installation where you choose the destination/target for Windows 7 to be installed, you can browse for the driver(s) at that point with an Explorer like interface after you click the appropriate button...

Windows 7 can read drivers off a USB stick, a USB external hard drive, or even off a CD or DVD when it comes to detecting the storage drivers. Much better nowadays than XP ever was in that respect. ;)

Just have the drivers handy on some kind of media (any of those above) and when it gets to the part in the installation where you choose the destination/target for Windows 7 to be installed, you can browse for the driver(s) at that point with an Explorer like interface after you click the appropriate button...

Hmm nice! Does the stick have to be empty or anything? And do I just extract the data like to a floppy but instead to a USB drive? :)

No you can place it in a sub-folder or anywhere on the memory stick. You will be presented with the standard "Browse..." windows dialog box asking for a path to your drivers. It's nice because it lets me have a whole load of different drivers on the same memory stick.

No the stick does not have to be empty, just put the unzipped drivers on the stick, in its own folder if you have other things on the stick just to keep track of it. Its really simple.

You mean we aren't forced to use floppy drives anymore? Nooooo! I like floppys! I only use floppys. What will the world be like with floppy-less o.s. installs?

You mean we aren't forced to use floppy drives anymore? Nooooo! I like floppys! I only use floppys. What will the world be like with floppy-less o.s. installs?

94115166.jpg

:p

Sony stopped making 3 1/2" floppies last month. I mourn for your loss.

Back