Windows 7 simultaneous analog + SPDIF

zmelkoow

n00b
Hello guys!

I am new to this forum, already with problem. I searched through the forum and all aroud the internet but I still didin't find the answer.
It seems there is a problem with Windows 7 that it doesn't allow simultaneous analog + digital output (from the same source - only duplicated).
I somehow solved it wuth the newest Realtek drivers using stereo mix to listen to analog audio output and then put it on digital out - it works but there is ome delay between sources.
So the question is:
Are there any soundcards that would allow simutaneous duplicated Line out + SPDIF of the same source (Windows 7 64bit)?

Thank you for your answers,

Z

Not that I'm aware. You can only select one output for a given source. It's not a sound card/audio chipset limitation (that I'm aware), but a restriction based on how Windows functions and handles audio.

My Sondigo Inferno does this, it just pipes whatever is going to the front DAC to the optical out. I'm thinking any other CMI8788 based card would also do this. Analog and digital outputs are individually selectable, as well as the sample rate of the digital output,

I don't think it's a Windows 7 limitation. My older X-Fi Elite Pro outputs from the analog 7.1 jacks on the card, the headphone jack on the breakout box, the digital out coax on the breakout box, and the digital out optical on the breakout box simultaneously.

Is the setup for multiple outputs set in the Windows audio panel or in the sound card software panel? I'd guess the sound card panel (which is bypassing how Windows works).

Thus, it's not a hardware restriction (as I noted above), but a Windows issue.

you want to use your sound cards panel. windows should only think its going to one of them. in that sense it is a limitation of windows, but you can get around it by using the sound cards own panel.

I don't think it's a Windows 7 limitation. My older X-Fi Elite Pro outputs from the analog 7.1 jacks on the card, the headphone jack on the breakout box, the digital out coax on the breakout box, and the digital out optical on the breakout box simultaneously.

Yep, my x-fi titanium does the same thing - output from both 7.1 analog and spdif/optical. Actually, seems like you can't turn it off as it always outputs simultaneously.

I'm pretty sure the Xonar ST/STX can send the audio to both the digital out and the headphone jacks at the same time. Don't think it works with the digital out and rca analog out though.

X-Fi Forte can do it also. Actually starting to sound like pretty much any discrete sound card can do it, based on the responses here.

I'm pretty sure the Xonar ST/STX can send the audio to both the digital out and the headphone jacks at the same time. Don't think it works with the digital out and rca analog out though.
The STX works with the RCAs (just checked), too. I have mine set up to output to headphones and over SPDIF normally. Works great.

Back