Windows 7 Screenshots

I have no real gripes about vista, but I hope Windows 7 does something to wow me. Vista is a yawner.

Way to early for new OS talk. Microsoft is having a difficult enough time getting people to adapt Vista. Oh well, Vista is just to good for some people.

... back to my snipping tool.

It's pure speculation considering we've got 2 or 3 more years before W7 becomes available but I'll play along.

Even the most ardent XP users will probably be ready to move to W7 by 2010/11. I'm more eager to hear the Vista fanatics...all 8 of them...;) proclaiming W7 as "the second coming" of new sprinkles and shiny bits. It'll be like rats jumping from a sinking ship (Vista). Should be entertaining...

I don't think you should attempt to be that insulting. Some of us that use Vista like me, are simply technology evangelists, and are interested in the new, even if the old works just fine. When the time comes, I will likely move just because of that fact. There's nothing that says that a technology evangelist is completely logical from an engineering standpoint, just that he's interested in new technology and looking for ways to exploit and use it.

Vista is better than XP. If your stuff doesn't work right.

A) Your machine is garbage.

Or.

B) Idiot developers made shitty drivers and/or programs for the operating system that were programed around exploits and under the assumption they would have 24/7 full root access.

Welcome to the way things are going to be from here on out.

Looks a BIT like a "Movie OS" to me.

No problems if it's as easy to utilize as it looks good... But I miss the straightforward power of explorer.exe in Vista, and I'd hate to deviate away even further in blackcomb.

There is way too many folks still stuck in the stone ages.
Way too many application developers that are lazy as hell and don't want to get into that new world.

Yep everyone is lazy. They just sit around all day rubbing their hands saying, I'll stick with 32 bit. :rolleyes:

However, you are God's gift. Since you are not lazy, you should be able to go to everyone of these companies and rewrite their current code in the blink of an eye. I mean it is trivial....right?

In the business world, once a tool works right, you don't change it...PERIOD. The only reason you change the tool is because eaither the tool finally breaks or no longer meets your needs.

Yep everyone is lazy. They just sit around all day rubbing their hands saying, I'll stick with 32 bit. :rolleyes:

However, you are God's gift. Since you are not lazy, you should be able to go to everyone of these companies and rewrite their current code in the blink of an eye. I mean it is trivial....right?

In the business world, once a tool works right, you don't change it...PERIOD. The only reason you change the tool is because eaither the tool finally breaks or no longer meets your needs.

Bullshit. They're lazy. They tend to think technology revolves around them and refuse to keep with the times. It frustrates the shit out of us IT people when we get held back because of those programmers. Primavera for example just now started employing the ability to use SQL Express 2005. I can't put more RAM in my terminal servers running Primavera because it won't work in 64-bit operating systems, so everytime our company grows larger, I have to buy another terminal server with 4mb of RAM and a 32-bit Windows 2003 Server instead of throwing in, say, 32gb of RAM.

Programmers know this but they won't budge because of this stupid saying some moron made "if it isn't broken, don't fix it". Those who follow that quote tends to stagnate.

^^^ yes.

It's been a couple years now, that 64 bit has been becoming popular. It's been a year and a half (More than that if you count RTM) for Vista- and you can't get a working 64 bit app ready, when all you really need to do is finetune it for 64 bit? The bulk of the code stays the same.

It just adds up to laziness, period.

Keep with the times or get lost in the dust.

Then explain Adobe's out-and-out FAILURE to make 64-bit browser plug-ins?

64-bit Web browsers are far from new; IE 6, oddly enough, was one of the last to go 64-bit. Software-development tools, likewise, have also made the trip. (Office 2007 and OpenOffice are the only two productivity suites to be 64-bit native.) Windows XP Professional 64-bit Edition launched in 2005. (As we all should be aware by now, Vista's 64-bit editions launched the same time their 32-bit editions did; in fact, I have a desktop that I converted from 32-bit Home Basic to 64-bit Ultimate by my right knee. The issue wasn't driver support, or even application support!)

64-bit CPUs are now entry-level. (The converted desktop has a Cedar-Mill-based single-core Celeron-D of early 2007 vintage.)

Driver support for 64-bit Windows has mostly become a non-issue. (Apparently, even Creative, the last major peripheral vendor with current-hardware 64-bit-driver issues, has managed to mostly lick them with their current drivers.)

Video-rendering tools were among the FIRST to embrace 64-bit (understandable, due to video's extreme hunger for memory).

64-bit has even started to become the standard outside the niche market. (Gateway and HP now ship Windows Vista 64-bit as a no-charge crossgrade with any system equipped with 4 GB of RAM; big-box retailer Best Buy will crossgrade any PC they sell to the 64-bit version at no charge.)

So what's the holdup?

Exactly, application developers are the last people here...
Folks that provide 64 bit support will flourish, and those that do not... will die. It's simple as that.

The thing is they still have time to develop 64 bit software before it becomes a huge issue, but I'm just saying the time is now... Get it developed NOW and get a good customer base going.

Looks pretty cool! I bought into the "Vista is the anti-christ!!!" hype before finally giving it a chance. Much to my surprise, Vista works great. I'll gladly try Windows 7.

Bullshit. They're lazy. They tend to think technology revolves around them and refuse to keep with the times. It frustrates the shit out of us IT people when we get held back because of those programmers. Primavera for example just now started employing the ability to use SQL Express 2005. I can't put more RAM in my terminal servers running Primavera because it won't work in 64-bit operating systems, so everytime our company grows larger, I have to buy another terminal server with 4mb of RAM and a 32-bit Windows 2003 Server instead of throwing in, say, 32gb of RAM.

Programmers know this but they won't budge because of this stupid saying some moron made "if it isn't broken, don't fix it". Those who follow that quote tends to stagnate.

dont even get me started on Developers, ours are useless! they dont fix anything, they arent willing to p[ut stops into place to stop errors from happening, they would rather blame someone if they do something they shouldmt, sorry but GOOD software doesnt let you make mistakes!

Nowe prior to these guys we did have some awsome guys who would try anything and do things you asked!

sucks buying new servers, like above, but they canty be fully utilized because some people sit on their ass all day claiming to be busy, i am not saying all are like that, but seems like alot, just like coding for multiple cores.

dont even get me started on Developers, ours are useless! they dont fix anything, they arent willing to p[ut stops into place to stop errors from happening, they would rather blame someone if they do something they shouldmt, sorry but GOOD software doesnt let you make mistakes!

Nowe prior to these guys we did have some awsome guys who would try anything and do things you asked!

sucks buying new servers, like above, but they canty be fully utilized because some people sit on their ass all day claiming to be busy, i am not saying all are like that, but seems like alot, just like coding for multiple cores.

Im a web developer However I havnt done anything special like that yet..

However when i build stuff i test and test and try to catch all the bugs, errors and what not. However some do slip through and I fix those right away.

As for working on servers i stick with linux its the ony way to go in my mind. Free, and it works (minus that fun little bug that was just announced). In my opinion much much better than windows crap...

Hmm, it looks like a couple of those shots at least were real, based on the official stuff released, that circley interface is the new Messenger UI.

How many people will have touch screen monitors by the time it comes out though ?

Back