Windows 7 RC Compatible USB wifi?

goodl

Limp Gawd
Does anyone have one working, i have tried two different models now and neither work. I'd rather not have an ethernet cable run so if anyone can confirm one working reliably with torrents etc Model and Manufacturer if you can please:confused:

Define "neither work" before we get too deep in this. "neither work" in the sense that Windows 7 simply can't see or communicate with the hardware, or there's no drivers that you can locate, or...

I have a D-Link DWA-542 RangeBooster "N" Wireless PCI Adapter in my Windows 7 PC. It's connecting to my D-Link DIR-655 "N" Router no Problem. What version of Windows 7 are you running? My DWA-542 wouldn't work if my Router was set to N only when I was running one of the earlier versions, 7077 I think. If I set the router to N and G it would work in G mode. Once I installed 7100 I got my N speeds and was able to set my router to N only.

Ops: sorry somehow I missed the "USB" part.

Sorry for not being clear, one is a Belkin N series USB, installed the Vista 64 bit drivers, complete successfully but no drivers actually loaded (still shows as nothing loaded in device manager), tried the compaitibility modes and still nothing. The Phillips one I have doesnt have 64 bit drivers for Vista never mind windows 7 and its not recognised either.

Alpha is that 32 bit or 64 WIN7 before i pull the trigger on one

Did you install the drivers via device manager or a setup file? I have a DWA-552 PCI adapter I'm not using if you want it on the cheap. Not sure if it has x64 drivers but Win7 RC x86 detected it right away.

Installed with the installer .exe and tried adding throught device manager from the place where the drivers installed, WIn7 doesnt recognise the inf. Need 64 bit ideally as im not wasting 3 gig on 32 bit

Goodl, it was the 32 bit version of Windows 7. It's my backup PC and only has an Athlon 1100.

On XP I personally don't run the setup file, I don't want the D-Link Wireless Management Utility installed. I update drivers from device manager and point it to the folder with just the drivers in it.
Windows 7 installed the x86 DWA-542 drivers on it's own and updated them at least once after that.

Hooray, a Phillips SNU600 worked straight out the gate with no drivers to install on 64bit Windows 7 RC, found it under a pile of crap in my spares box

I think getting a 64bit conmpatible one is the hardest part of this whole deal, cant say im too impressed with PS CS3 performance on WIN7, back to Vista 64 for now :(

I used an airliknk N adaptor for about a month. I had it plugged in at install and w7 automatically installed the drivers.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Sirholio I have that same Wireless Nic, but I cannot get it to recognize the hardware even after I installed the drivers both from the instalation disc, and from the belkin website.

+=+= Edit+=+=
I did some digging around on the webs. and came across a how to on the belkin site for how to get the Wireless - G vista 3s bit drivers to work in Windows 7. the link is http://www.belkin.com/support/article/?lid=en&pid=&aid=5973&scid=0

Last edited:
Back