Windows 7 RC and RTM

MTXR

[H]ard|Gawd
After the retail version is released to the public, does microsoft usually release updates for the RC version of their operating systems so it will be the same as the RTM?

Regular Windows Updates will apply just as they will on the final released code (the finished product), but the Release Candidate will still be just that: release candidate code. There's no way for Microsoft to transform the RC into the final finished product just by using Windows Update.

There'll be quite a few folks running the RC well into next year, and hopefully when they do stop running it, they'll move to the retail (or potentially an OEM) product.

that was the scenario i was looking at, to continue to run the RC if it was going to be updated.

RC will be useful until beginning of March next year, when it begins to reboot after every 2 hours of use. It'll continue to be of limited usefulness (for short sessions only) from then until june next year, when it expires completely.

After the retail version is released to the public, does microsoft usually release updates for the RC version of their operating systems so it will be the same as the RTM?
I know your talking about RC, but I just read something today that said Microsoft is going to patch all of the RTM flagged versions of 7, up to the same build. So for those running the various RTM builds you will eventually be updated to the same build. They are coming out in August when the Windows Update fixes release.

Back