Windows 7 + RAID

jazzman161

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
220
Hey guys. This might seem like a silly question but I'm looking to tinker with Win7 on a fresh build and wanted to know if loading RAID drivers during initial install is the same as in Vista? I'm new to Win7 & Vista & RAID (I've been hanging with XP for quite some time and never dabbled with RAID til now, so I'm just trying to cover my ass here.)

Thanks!
 
It's the same. Just browse for the driver. I just put mine on a flash drive.
 
You might be surprised by Windows 7.. It might have the drivers built in :)

It had the drivers for my Intel Matrix Storage driver for my Asus P6T mb..

GL
 
Very true. Good to know either way. I'll post back when I complete the install if Win7 had drivers for both my raid chipsets or not.
 
Hey all. I've got another question on this RAID topic and decided to bump this instead of making a new thread.

So I decided to hold off on Win7 til final release and run Vista in the meantime, and lo and behold, here we are! =) Under Vista, I have 2 RAID1 arrays. 1 "OS" array and 1 "data" array. My question is, will I lose the "data" array when I installed Win7? I'll obviously select to install on the "OS" array but I'm not sure if I'll to reinitialize (and lose?) everything on the "data" array when Win7 is installed and booted up for the first time. Or will Win7 automatically show the array?

I'm just concerned cause I had to initialize the "data" array when I first installed Vista. But then again, they were brand new drives back then...
 
Last edited:
You should be fine - plus, I would imagine that W7 will automatically show the array.
 
Could not get raid 0 working w/ W7 RC on my Jmicron jmb363, once I pointed it to the driver I could see the array and install, but upon reboot it would BSOD before windows ever finished loading :(
 
Back
Top