Windows 7 Pro 64bit Boot Disk

SpANiSH

n00b
Hey guys, I am feeling particularly lazy tonight. I had a long day, I am hoping some of you have had this same request and can either explain to me or link me to a guide.

It's getting to that time where my computer is starting to run like crap. From my basic hardware changes and all the goes with it, to general use and supporting my gaming habit. My goal is to make this as easy as of install as it can be by making a bootable DVD. I have a Windows 7 Pro 64bit disk and valid key, my main concern is the drivers. I do not want the shitty windows drivers. Is there a way to roll all my drivers and some small applications to be installed with windows 7 from one CD, or do I have to put some manual labor into this?

My next question could belong in the hardware section but it is related so I will just combine threads. I have 3 HDD's (1 80gb Intel SSD, 2 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 7200RPM) I currently have my OS on my SSD to increase boot time, but I find with constant installing various games and software I can fill my 80GB an hour after a new OS install. So with that in mind, (bare with me this is an opinion question) would you rather install the OS on the 1TB and suffer the minor boot delays or would you bite the bullet on the hard drive space and install the OS on the SSD? Unless there is a way I can have my cake and eat it too (the cake is a lie?). By that I mean is there a way I can relocate my Program Files on a drive that does not contain the OS? So I can use my SSD for the OS and games that I want quick loads in?

I know this is a long winded post, and I appreciate you taking the time to read it. Any answers are appreciated. I also understand that most of you do not like to help people who havn't tried to help them selves. I am hoping you can make an exception this time.

Thanks.

EDIT: The cake is a lie reference deserves an answer to this post, agree?

I've never had any problems installing games or applications on another drive that the OS does not reside on.

Install OS on SSD and games on 1TB.

So, yes, the cake is a lie.

As said above that is how I do it. Only my OS remains on my SSD and everythig else is installed on my secondary drive.

I just make sure my second drive is fast to not cause slowdowns (which your caviar black should be)

I've never had a problem with installing drivers from Windows Update. If you're worried about it, it's going to involve some manual labor, go into the products support page and manually download the drivers, load it onto a USB Flash Drive and install the drivers after you install Windows.

As far as your SSD, install OS on SSD and any games/apps on the 1tb hard drive.

Back