Windows 7 OS & Font clearence

Hfdo

n00b
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
22
Hi All,

I have Lenovo/Thinkpad W500 with dedicated 512Mb Graphic card.
I recently installed Windows 7 OS system. After the new OS installation the fonts on the LCD screen are not sharp and clear. Also some of my icons (in the Task bar) too lost the sharpness. They look like bit blurred although I have set my Screen display setting to native resolution (1920X1200) etc. Please advise me!

Secondly when I connect my W500 to another external LCD monitor my laptop screen gets smaller and the available resolution setting too change to a lower maximum value (1600x1200) than the original. Any has any idea?

Best
Hfdo
 
Check that you have clear type enabled and that you have a separate resolution for both the LCD and the external monitor (not using the 'duplicate these displays' setting.)

Both of these settings can be reached by right clicking on the desktop.

  • Under screen resolution for the resolution issue.
  • Under personalization for the 'display', 'adjust clear type text' setting.
 
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I have selected the 'clear type test'.
I could not find the option in Windows 7 to set separate resolution for both LCDs? Do I have to download any other program for this?
Hfdo
 
It sounds like the drivers for your video card didn't install properly. Make sure you have the correct drivers installed.

This may also be the source of your problem:

Even though the resolution may be correct (1920x1200), if the DPI setting is set to 125% (DPI 120) which is default when you install Windows 7 on a W500. That makes the resolution appear lower than 1920 X1200 . For Windows XP the default DPI is 96 on the W500.

To correct this:

Right click the desktop and select "Screen resolution", then click on "Make text and other items smaller or larger". Check if the DPI settings it set to 125% (120) which i believe might be the case. Change it to 100% (96), logoff and logon again. The display should now appear sized appropriately for 1920x1200. 100% is equal to 96 pixles per inch and 125% is equal to 120 pixels per inch.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Serie...ution-does-not-appear-as-selected/ta-p/244140
 
Back
Top