Windows 7 One version petition

I use Linux, xBSD, Windows, and OSX. I think multiple versions for Windows 7 is a good idea. OSX is a uniformed hardware platform. Hardware and OS come from the same vendor. The integration is tighter. One version is more ideal for OSX. Linux and xBSD are an open platform that means anyone can start their own OS flavors based on their target markets and mission statements. Windows have different market segments for their target markets. They are on game, corporate, and home markets. People have different needs and offering different products are more ideal. However, it seems like few Windows 7 versions aren’t needed. Some versions don’t seem to be required, but multiple versions are required for MS.

This is dead on and well stated.

I think the idiocy of Microsoft's multiple version strategy is demonstrated by the success of Apple's simple one version strategy tha has lead to quicker adoption amongst their users of new versions of their operating system.

Thank you for pointing out "The Cult of Mac." :)

Indoctrination is so much more efficient when the end user is effectively stripped of choice and force-fed the dogma one slice at a time... pun very much intended.

Death go back and check when vista was first released. IF you wanted DX10 you had no option but ultimate.
If you're going to post FUD at least post a source. :rolleyes: There was no Ultimate requirement for DX10.

Funny when they say a lot of cost is to develope multi os versions. Then they introduce more and more. by their own words wouldn't 1 version save money?
Vista ships on a DVD containing all the major versions. You select the version you bought and put in your license key during the install. The only extra cost is the packaging for the different retail versions.

Thank you for pointing out "The Cult of Mac." :)

Indoctrination is so much more efficient when the end user is effectively stripped of choice and force-fed the dogma one slice at a time... pun very much intended.

Are you saying, Windows users aren't "The Cult of Bill Gates?" Every time, one person states a mistake about Vista, they will be attacked by the army of Vista lovers. I say, MS followers are more of cult users than the Apple products. Windows users argue with other Window users about their favorite OSes. How many topics we had so far about XP vs Vista and 7 vs Vista?

Anyway, multiple versions are required for Ms products. They cater to way too many market shares.

I say, MS followers are more of cult users than the Apple products.
I say, you spend too much time arguing back to realize that the only Vista arguments going on here are to correct incorrect statements. If you go into a thread and say something incorrect about Vista, you better expect someone to say so. That doesn't make them cultist....simply because you may not agree. If you truly think Windows users are more like a cult than Apple users, you haven't spent much time around either.

All Windows 7 Versions--What You Need to Know
Six versions of Windows 7? Why so many?
Well, technically, there could be more. Microsoft is still bound under a 2004 EU ruling to deliver an "N" version to the EU without Windows Media Player. Realistically, however, we would guess that a single Windows 7 "N" SKU will ship to EU customers, making it a total of seven.

But according to Microsoft, the new versions try to strike a balance between complexity and what customers will actually require.

"When you have a customer base of more than one billion, two options can't satisfy all of their varied needs," according to Microsoft. "For that reason, we will continue to offer a few targeted SKUs for customers with specialized needs: For price-sensitive customers with small notebook PCs, some OEMs will offer Windows 7 Starter. For customers in emerging markets, we will make Windows 7 Home Basic available.
So what versions will I able to buy in a store?
Consumers will only be able to buy either Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional at retail—and deliberately so; Microsoft wants to try and limit consumer confusion by only putting the two versions in front of consumers.

Are you saying, Windows users aren't "The Cult of Bill Gates?" Every time, one person states a mistake about Vista, they will be attacked by the army of Vista lovers. I say, MS followers are more of cult users than the Apple products. Windows users argue with other Window users about their favorite OSes. How many topics we had so far about XP vs Vista and 7 vs Vista?

Anyway, multiple versions are required for Ms products. They cater to way too many market shares.

There's a lot of truth in what you say. Windows users like myself have grown up with Windows, I've used it from version 1 and its kind of something that we have an affinity towards.

Windows is everyone's favorite OS to bash because so many people love and hate it. Saying "Linux sucks" just doesn't have the draw of saying "Vista sucks" and no OS debate is complete without some disillusion of Windows no matter the topic!

Windows is a watershed product in computing history and for better or for worse serves as a point of reference that most people know.

I say, you spend too much time arguing back to realize that the only Vista arguments going on here are to correct incorrect statements. If you go into a thread and say something incorrect about Vista, you better expect someone to say so. That doesn't make them cultist....simply because you may not agree. If you truly think Windows users are more like a cult than Apple users, you haven't spent much time around either.

You are not understanding the fact needs of the end users are different. They have different hardware, applications, requirements, security and corporate needs, price, and other variables. Of course, most of them never bothered to try everything for least a full year to notice the difference in the OSes. If they are bias based on what they know, I say they are following things based on their point of views and straight to being bias.

I argue too much? Some Vista users bash Win 7 and XP users. This is becoming way too ridiculous.

This is becoming way too ridiculous.
You think so? Go into the Linux subforum, and create a thread saying "I like Windows better" You'd be making a mistake by singling out Windows users. Me personally, I don't care...as long as the info being presented is correct. Many people read these boards, even as lurkers, to get answers, so needless bickering with FUD and other bullshit doesn't help anyone.

You think so? Go into the Linux subforum, and create a thread saying "I like Windows better" You'd be making a mistake by singling out Windows users. Me personally, I don't care...as long as the info being presented is correct. Many people read these boards, even as lurkers, to get answers, so needless bickering with FUD and other bullshit doesn't help anyone.

If we go along with your idea, we must have sub forums for XP, VISTA, and Win7. There are more arguments for XP vs VISTA and Win7 vs Vista than Windows vs Linux. If you are forgetting, top topics for OS are always one Windows OS vs another Windows OS.

If you are forgetting, top topics for OS are always one Windows OS vs another Windows OS.
Are you trying to cop an attitude again, or what? Are you trying to get yet another thread closed? Let's try something...drop the condescending attitude, mmmkay?

Yes, obviously that is what most debates are about, because we've just gotten past the XP vs Vista debates, and a new choice was thrown into the mix. It's also obviously, because there are quite a bit more readers, posters, etc in the Windows forum than the Linux subforum. It's also due to the fact the Linux vs Windows debates are old, tired, and worn out.

Why does it bother you so much that people debate OS choices? As long as both sides stick to facts, what's the harm? Problems only arise when someone decides to jump into the fray, and either argue with fasle info, or act like their personal preference trumps all.

Why does it bother you so much that people debate OS choices? As long as both sides stick to facts, what's the harm? Problems only arise when someone decides to jump into the fray, and either argue with fasle info, or act like their personal preference trumps all.

Amen.:)

Are you trying to cop an attitude again, or what? Are you trying to get yet another thread closed? Let's try something...drop the condescending attitude, mmmkay?

No, I'm not trying to give out an attitude, but it sure feels like you are based on the tone of your writing. People are going to have different needs. Telling other users they are stupid for still using XP or other Windows OSes are ridiculous. Maybe, XP users don't want to upgrade their hardware. Maybe, they just bought their computer four years ago. Maybe, they just spend few hundreds on XP 64 bit edition. Maybe, their needs are basic like surfing on the net and basic word processing. Different applications, hardware, and productive needs make different needs for different revisions of Windows OS. This also even applies to different editions.

Why do you think there are Home premium and Home basic existed for Vista? DX10 cards weren't fully implemented when Vista came out. Why would someone spend more dollars for the feature they don't need? Also, if the XP still gets patches, why someone would need Vista Home instead of XP? People have different needs. You don't use their computers. They do. Now, we are at the point netbooks are all 32 bit and has a weakness in the CPU management when running a full Aero. There are many needs for different OSes and hardware. If you are planning to buy new computers for every Windows users, please dictate what they should use.

added...
Just remember your computer has a different specs and applications installed than others.Maybe, you should buy ram for every Windows users and tell them forget about Win7 and XP's boot and load time.

See, this is where you need to stop pointing the finger at me. You are confusing me with someone who bashes the other choices. As I said before, I only care about seeing factual information posted. My personal preference happens to be Vista x64, but you'll never catch me bashing another choice if it fits the bill. You are preaching to the choir, requiemnoise...as I don't need a lecture on why people have different needs.

To address one of your points though, there are plenty of reasons why someone would choose Vista Home Premium over XP. As you said, XP wouldn't fit the bill for everyone, but there are certainly advantages to some or many to use Vista over XP. What if a person wanted the MCE features, and could get Home Premium much cheaper than XP MCE? What if a person wanted to use 4 GB of memory and have the MCE features?

So, it needs to be said, that if a person decides Vista is the best choice for them, that should be final...as long as they make the choice based on facts. Same way, if a person says XP is better, for a reason, that's it. If they say XP is better for them because they heard on Conan O'Brien that Vista sucks, than me and many others will have something to say. And you may scoff or laugh, but we've had threads like that.

Both you guys (requiemnoise and DeaconFrost) seem to agreeing with one another and your statements are perfectly valid and correct IMHO.

One thing requiemnoise, Aero of Windows 7 seems to be a much lighter beast than in Vista. If you look at the Crappiest machine thread for Windows 7 you'll see 7 running under some pretty low specs, 512MB and slower CPU's than just about any netbook on the market now. All the Atom netbooks have 950 graphics in them and run Windows 7 Aero just fine. Please, if you want to argue about it aregue with the people who say that it works. I don't have a netbook and I don't have first hand knowledge. But I've not yet read of on account were todays netbooks have any trouble at all with Windows 7. Please, if you don't agree with this, argue with them, not me.

I say, MS followers are more of cult users than the Apple products.

Maybe so, but at least MS followers are rational enough to realize that they are getting ripped off when someone tries to sell them $1,000 of PC hardware for $2,600 just because it says Apple on it.

Never ceases to amaze me how willingly Apple users overpay for hardware (desktops, laptops, gadgets, etc.). It's insane really. All rational thought goes out the window when the "I want to be part of the cool kids club" mentality kicks in. Except that the majority of folks are not Apple users and can only giggle at the Apple crowd.

Stranger than fiction, I swear ...

Maybe so, but at least MS followers are rational enough to realize that they are getting ripped off when someone tries to sell them $1,000 of PC hardware for $2,600 just because it says Apple on it.

Never ceases to amaze me how willingly Apple users overpay for hardware (desktops, laptops, gadgets, etc.). It's insane really. All rational thought goes out the window when the "I want to be part of the cool kids club" mentality kicks in. Except that the majority of folks are not Apple users and can only giggle at the Apple crowd.

Stranger than fiction, I swear ...

Before we go on and on about another pointless thread. Here is what I gathered about OSX. For people who don't like to fuss with hardware and don't need the high end UNIX functionalities, OSX is a great OS for that market. There is a huge market for people who don't want to deal with hardware. Also, OSX just works out of box on Apple hardware. Here is a thing I discovered over various years. Any companies who compete directly against each other will get squashed on the same "niche" market share. There is a reason OS/2 got killed off from NT. Also, Netware got killed off from NT. There is also a reason BeOS got killed off from AppleOS and Windows. Linux, xBSD, and Plan9 are open platforms. They can't get killed. Notice, most OSes that are still alive today are offering to different niche markets?

Before we go on and on about another pointless thread. Here is what I gathered about OSX. For people who don't like to fuss with hardware and don't need the high end UNIX functionalities, OSX is a great OS for that market. There is a huge market for people who don't want to deal with hardware. Also, OSX just works out of box on Apple hardware. Here is a thing I discovered over various years. Any companies who compete directly against each other will get squashed on the same "niche" market share. There is a reason OS/2 got killed off from NT. Also, Netware got killed off from NT. There is also a reason BeOS got killed off from AppleOS and Windows. Linux, xBSD, and Plan9 are open platforms. They can't get killed. Notice, most OSes that are still alive today are offering to different niche markets?

Good points. The Mac out of the box is a far more polished experience than the average retail PC. Also a bit more expensive but you pay for what Apple has to offer and people are willing to pay no doubt.

You're right the open platforms aren't going away. Neither is Windows or OS X for that matter. They serve different needs and wants.

I want a computer OS that can do anything, run all the software, play all the games, work with all of the gadgets and helps me make a living, That's why I go with Windows as my primary desktop OS.

Some people may want an OS that is very flexible, more secure against attacks that are primarily targeted at Windows, is free and open and not a commercial product that also helps them make a living and that person will probably like Linux as an OS solution.

Some people want hip, cool, wiz bang, golly gee it "just works" and get a Mac.

More power to ya!:D

It is a goddamn shame, after all this time, this point still needs to be explained. Microsoft doesn't have much of a choice to incorporate DRM. Had they chosen not too, you wouldn't be able to play back or record the various forms of media that you do. DRM is not Microsoft's doing. If you want to get your panties all in a bunch over DRM, at least take the time to understand who's forcing it on you and why.

I'd like to start a petition that DRM should stand for Don't Read Much.....because the people who bitch about it and blame Microsoft simply don't D.R.M.

I understand this but were Microsoft lets us down is by allowing shitware DRM to install that fucks up our systems. All DRM software should be required to be submitted to Microsoft so they can ensure that it doesn't fuck up our OS, as has happened so many times now.

Why does everyone defend every damn thing these companies do.

The people who defend these companies are always the same individuals, in case you never noticed, it is my theory that they work for these companies and come here to obfuscate the facts and do damage control. They are what I call "software industry apologists" ( you can throw in spineless somewhere in there too if you like) and they just want to help you waste more money on useless shite. Best to treat anything they post with suspicion, as I do.

Best to treat anything they post with suspicion, as I do.

I'm not believing it for a second... </insert_suspicion_here>

I've said it oh, maybe 129 times here since this forum opened its doors long ago and I'll say it again, in big letters this time:

If you can do better than Microsoft, if you can do better than Apple, if you can do better than the 195 Linux distros floating around (probably more, actually), then by all means, get off y'er keister and make the OS that we'll all get stiff (for the boys) or wet (for the ladies) about the moment we see it in action.

I'll stand by my offer of $1,000 USD cash, cold hard currency from my hand to yours if you can create an OS that will give me even the smallest reason to ditch "The Big 3" because, it hasn't been created yet, and realistically it never will - not even by the loud mouth punks that consistently just like to bitch, moan, and whine about everything that Microsoft, Apple, and any Linux distro or whatever other OS you dare gets brought to the table happens to be, say, or do.

Until then, geezus kids, give it a fuckin' break will ya... damn.

I understand this but were Microsoft lets us down is by allowing shitware DRM to install that fucks up our systems. All DRM software should be required to be submitted to Microsoft so they can ensure that it doesn't fuck up our OS, as has happened so many times now.

Many DRM schemes do rely on drivers being installed or replaced. Theoretically, In Xp64 and Vista64 and I believe Win7 64 the drivers would have to be signed. Does anyone know if the drivers used by various DRM schemes are signed? If not how are they getting through? If so what sort of scrutiny by MS is involved in the process? Does signed = HQL? Just curious.

On topic and no longer directed at Klob:
If you really want a one version fits all OS, buy a Mac.
If you want a few more options and the widest hardware and software support currently available, buy the version of Windows that best fits your needs and wallet.
If you want an OS with near infinite customization and little to no cost save your time, find a flavor of nix that best suits you or roll your own.

Not signing the petition because:
a) on line petitions are generally stupid.
b) even if it were not stupid, it would have no effect anyway.
c) I don't agree with the reasoning behind only one version. and
d) I just feel like being contrary.

The people who defend these companies are always the same individuals, in case you never noticed, it is my theory that they work for these companies and come here to obfuscate the facts and do damage control. They are what I call "software industry apologists" ( you can throw in spineless somewhere in there too if you like) and they just want to help you waste more money on useless shite. Best to treat anything they post with suspicion, as I do.

And, I thought you were being some what reasonable today. There goes that idea.

No reason to sign the petition. The "political" wheels have been turning since long before the OP was born and more than likely most of us can't/don't want to understand the full reasoning of why they have multiple sku's.

IF for some reason they went to a cut down version of the sku's I would like to see:

Home
Premium (version includes Business stuff as well as normal Premium edition stuff)
Ultimate (the WHOLE FREAKIN' kitten kaboodle)

DAMN! I knew you were too smart! Alright, the truth comes out. You aren't on the net right now. You are on a special Microsoft network. All the sites that you visit are all staged. There are actually only ten of us who have to constantly post things everywhere. Things aren't real. You are right now hooked up to a large proxy server. This has been going on for the last ten years. We were about to start a reality show based on this. It is OK. We got enough footage from you to make it last one season.

"We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress. We hope you enjoyed that last post which skipped over reality directly into... The Twilight Tech Zone..."

The people who defend these companies are always the same individuals, in case you never noticed, it is my theory that they work for these companies and come here to obfuscate the facts and do damage control.
I can assure you, I work in an industry that is FAR different than the technology field. You can get it through your ignorant head that when someone disagrees with you, and shows you proof that you are wrong, that doesn't make them an industry apologist, or any kind of zealot. it makes them one thing.....correct. Deal with it.

The DRM doesn't fuck up your system, assuming you play by the rules. Now I'll never sit and tell you that DRM is a good thing...but if you want to complain about it, and rightfully so, you need to learn where to complain. Besides, the companies implementing DRm do so on their own, without Microsoft's knowledge or permission.

Let me give you an example. If Apple decided tomorrow to change the DRM scheme in their music and videos purchased through iTunes, they can do so without any Microsoft interaction. Now, let's say that DRM scheme renders your old songs as unplayable. Who's fault do you think that would be? Microsoft always could have said no to all DRM schemes, but then the very same people would be bitching at Microsoft because they couldn't watch Blu-Ray discs in their HTPCs, or enjoy their music how they want to.

The DRM doesn't fuck up your system, assuming you play by the rules. Now I'll never sit and tell you that DRM is a good thing...but if you want to complain about it, and rightfully so, you need to learn where to complain. Besides, the companies implementing DRm do so on their own, without Microsoft's knowledge or permission.

Let me give you an example. If Apple decided tomorrow to change the DRM scheme in their music and videos purchased through iTunes, they can do so without any Microsoft interaction. Now, let's say that DRM scheme renders your old songs as unplayable. Who's fault do you think that would be? Microsoft always could have said no to all DRM schemes, but then the very same people would be bitching at Microsoft because they couldn't watch Blu-Ray discs in their HTPCs, or enjoy their music how they want to.

DRM is a fantastically complex issue with no real answers. As soon as all DRM was removed from all things and when people stopped buying stuff because they wouldn't need to and when no one could make a profit and the selection and quality of things plummeted I wonder what at the DRM haters would say then.

I don't like DRM, but people have to able to make a profit for their work. Free stuff is great until nobody has the resources to do anything. People love to talk about the greedy corporations in relation to the current financial industry bail outs.

What you don't hear about is the fraud at the individual level. Brokers selling houses to people who couldn't afford them. Car sales people doctoring incomes to get people qualified for loans. People lying about their incomes. This is the source of a lot of current woes right now.

As much as I don't like DRM, I like systems fraught with corruption even less because in the end we all lose.

That's always the counter point, which can be legit in many situations, that without DRM, people's I.P. can be taken, resold, traded, etc without the original creator benefiting at all from it.

That's always the counter point, which can be legit in many situations, that without DRM, people's I.P. can be taken, resold, traded, etc without the original creator benefiting at all from it.

And I think that really is the crux of the issue. We live in a free market economy where theoretically we can work hard and be rewarded for out efforts.

Content piracy undermines this principle in a serious way and leads to market uncertainty. How can a person or a company know just how well there efforts will be rewarded when they have no way to determine at what level their investment will be returned when no one would have to pay for that investment if they so choose?

Uncertainty kills risk taking. Without people willing to take risks and produce, all we have left are consumers that produce nothing. Thus the quality of life is reduced for all.

The anti-DRM crowd never talks about a society where no one has to pay for the goods and services they consume. They only talk about the consumers rights. And while consumers rights are important they become irrelevant when there is nothing left to consume.

I'm not believing it for a second... </insert_suspicion_here>

I've said it oh, maybe 129 times here since this forum opened its doors long ago and I'll say it again, in big letters this time:

If you can do better than Microsoft, if you can do better than Apple, if you can do better than the 195 Linux distros floating around (probably more, actually), then by all means, get off y'er keister and make the OS that we'll all get stiff (for the boys) or wet (for the ladies) about the moment we see it in action.

I'll stand by my offer of $1,000 USD cash, cold hard currency from my hand to yours if you can create an OS that will give me even the smallest reason to ditch "The Big 3" because, it hasn't been created yet, and realistically it never will - not even by the loud mouth punks that consistently just like to bitch, moan, and whine about everything that Microsoft, Apple, and any Linux distro or whatever other OS you dare gets brought to the table happens to be, say, or do.

Until then, geezus kids, give it a fuckin' break will ya... damn.

Pfft, $1,000.00 is not even enough to get me out of bed in the morning, never mind code a new OS by myself. Are you aware just how much money it took to code Ubuntu even?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "You can't have evolution, without revolution". Us whiners are actually doing you "do not rock the boat" types a great service.

I'm not a fan of DRM, because I like to utilize my purchase goods. Also, I'm not a fan of music and movie industries. They are known to screw everyone. While certain artists are barely paying their bills, but they are known to practice unethical accounting practice. I know plenty of artists who only got few dollars after thousands sold. But, this issue isn't MS issue. They are in the OS business, if the entertainment industries will not allow certain programs to function, they have to make deals. They need to comprise. MS customers need them. They have no choice, but install DRM in the OS. That is why I run Linux, because my OS is my business. At the same time, I will accept Windows with DRM. MS doesn't have enough options to work with.

The DRM doesn't fuck up your system, assuming you play by the rules.

Wrong! I installed some shovelware game on my XP system and after that I could no longer burn any cdr. Bring up msconfig and right there set to auto-load was some shitware DRM called C-Dilla from Macrovision. That is what effed up my DVD-RW drive.

MS doesn't have enough options to work with.
That's the point though. What options should they have? An OS with DRM implemented makes people complain. An OS without DRM, leaves people without the ability to enjoy certain types of media.....which leads people to complain.

Microsoft has always been in a position where any action they take leads to people complaining. So, often are they in lose-lose situations in the public's eye.

I'm not a fan of DRM, because I like to utilize my purchase goods. Also, I'm not a fan of music and movie industries. They are known to screw everyone. While certain artists are barely paying their bills, but they are known to practice unethical accounting practice. I know plenty of artists who only got few dollars after thousands sold. But, this issue isn't MS issue. They are in the OS business, if the entertainment industries will not allow certain programs to function, they have to make deals. They need to comprise. MS customers need them. They have no choice, but install DRM in the OS. That is why I run Linux, because my OS is my business. At the same time, I will accept Windows with DRM. MS doesn't have enough options to work with.

While I basically agree with this statement don't forget the little guys who work in these various industries. When companies don't meet financial targets they are the first to loose their jobs.

It's too easy to demonize big companies and forget about the millions of decent hard working people who just want to have a decent life and pay their bills.

Pfft, $1,000.00 is not even enough to get me out of bed in the morning, never mind code a new OS by myself. Are you aware just how much money it took to code Ubuntu even?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "You can't have evolution, without revolution". Us whiners are actually doing you "do not rock the boat" types a great service.

So you're under the mistaken impression that I'd be the only person on the planet willing to pay decent money for the "OS to end all OSes" ? Geez... and to think at one point I actually had some respect for your posts... (and yes I already know all your replies and so does everyone else, don't bother).

I said I'd be willing to pay $1,000 cash, while others would obviously be willing to pay for it as well, just not as much. Even so, the concept holds. If you can do it better (seriously doubtful, but that's obvious), then do it.

Put up or shut up, I'd say.

While I basically agree with this statement don't forget the little guys who work in these various industries. When companies don't meet financial targets they are the first to loose their jobs.

It's too easy to demonize big companies and forget about the millions of decent hard working people who just want to have a decent life and pay their bills.

My hatred toward Microsoft isn't Microsoft. It is their management. There are many talented developers work at MS. Some developers even moonlight as Linux developers. Business people don't have to be unethical. Don't get me started on why MS handed over millions to SCO to sue Linux. Not to mention, they have potentially violated over 400 open source agreements, but claim open source stole everything from them.

Music industry? I'm not going comment too much about their business practices. I have a very good reason to form a huge hatred. My view on the finance industries? All the upper management in the finance industry can all go to hell too.

My view on DRM is it isn't MS's business. They are in the business of selling OS. They have to follow rules like others.

Wrong! I installed some shovelware game on my XP system and after that I could no longer burn any cdr. Bring up msconfig and right there set to auto-load was some shitware DRM called C-Dilla from Macrovision. That is what effed up my DVD-RW drive.

ANYTHING that you install of your computer has the potential to screw it up BTW.

My hatred toward Microsoft isn't Microsoft. It is their management. There are many talented developers work at MS. Some developers even moonlight as Linux developers. Business people don't have to be unethical. Don't get me started on why MS handed over millions to SCO to sue Linux. Not to mention, they have potentially violated over 400 open source agreements, but claim open source stole everything from them.

Music industry? I'm not going comment too much about their business practices. I have a very good reason to form a huge hatred. My view on the finance industries? All the upper management in the finance industry can all go to hell too.

My view on DRM is it isn't MS's business. They are in the business of selling OS. They have to follow rules like others.

Nobody has to be unethical and yet it happens all the time. People are people with flaws. All people in all stations in life. Its not just big companies, it also individuals as well.

That's why I try not to let my choice of OS or product get too tied up in politics. Look hard enough and you'll find something you don't like about anyone. That's not to excuse bad behavior but its simply to easy to become pious.

"Why do you see the speck in your neighbor’s eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye?" Luke 6:41

Back